Grumpy

grumpy

Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma
Staff member
Admin
Sponsor
Subscriber
Hello I'm grumpy

Glad to have been on AK from the beginning. Meet some of my closest friends here. If my grumpy ass can find friends here then anyone can !

My own passions run from family, stereo's to nearly anything on two or four wheels.

My years as an audio dealer soured me to collecting and now I much prefer to listen to music then search out a "score" No more will you stub a toe on stacks of gear walking from my kitchen to the bathroom. I spend as much time possible just listening to music rather then gear.

I love the Blues and Jazz which are my preferred music but I dig most any music but modern day pop county and classic rock.

My system has evolved over the years from classic Marantz, Pioneer, McIntosh to its current state.

Sota Cosmos Turntable soon to be SME 309 and Benz H2 cartridge
Marantz TT15S Turntable stock arm and Clear Audio Virtuoso cart
Blue Circle BC27pi Phono stage
JM BB extreme Preamp
NOS VRD amps
Denon DVD-2200
AN Kit AN-E speakers
Nordost blue heaven cables

Some know me as an analog Luddite. Digital will never replace my tables nor will you ever find a music server in my system but SACD has moved way up in my listening since its introduction to it.

I do not get as much time on the site as in the past but like most I'm around many times a day checking out everyones systems, music and more.
Occasionally I can be found in chat in the latter part of the evening in between answering emails, Private messengers or other work.

I belong to a local club called SMAC ( southeast Michigan Audio Club ) We host meetings once a month in Detroit area. Its a blast to meet new people and get turned on to new/old gear and music. I cannot recommend enough to our members that if you have a local club to become involved. Lots of fun for sure !

My favorite time of year is the AK Fest. Its a blast to meet so many of you. Putting faces to names is really cool. Seeing and hearing everyones systems is definitely a treat. Have made many lifelong friends there. I encourage everyone to try to attend at least once. Bet you come back again and again :)

If you see me at a local meet, in chat or at the fest be sure to stop by and introduce yourself. Looking forward to meeting you.

Grumpy

It's great to read your introduction and learn more about who Grumpy really is. Thanks for keeping AK a cool place to hang out, learn, and make new friends.

I never thought I'd have Internet friends. You've made that possible and I am grateful.

Hey Grumpy,

Thank you for such a wonderful community. It's the best! I can go on and on...but I'll let the other guys do that.

:D
Carl

Thanks for your part in creating/maintaining "The Society for the Preservation of Grumpy People".

We misanthropes and curmudgeons rejoice, and tip our hats!

One of the nicest "Grumpy" guys around!

Grumpy your efforts in starting and keeping this site going make everyone here eternally in your debt. We very much appreciate all your unselfish giving of your time and effort. Thanks for the intro and sharing a little background on yourself. Your idea of forming a local audio club sounds like a great idea. Your legacy of the many friendships you have already created is quite an acomplishment. You certainly have changed lives and the world for the better!
THANK YOU!!!!!:bigok::thmbsp:[/SIZE]

You have brought AK to a very good place, Dave, and it is sincerely appreciated by all of us. Thanks!

- edwin

He would have you believe he's grumpy but he's really a pussycat. :D

Thanks, Dave for making AK what it is!

Terry

I am surprised that your name is Dave, as is mine, just one more thing that we have in common. I have got to tell you, I have been a grouch fan for a very long time. With all of the cute little cuddly critters on Sesame Street as a kid, my favorite was Oscar The Grouch. When the Simpsons came out, it was Crusty The Clown. I really suck at these forums, all forums really, But in person I am a pretty popular guy. So I have to say that it has been great to learn from you so much about what are the right and wrong ways to function in a forum. I think that it is great that you are taking the opportunity to increase membership by endorsing a meetup in your introduction. It is another example of your dedication to AK and all that it means to so many of us. Thanks for being grumpy, my only complaint is that I cannot use the Crusty The Clown Avatar, as it has already been taken :cry::cry::cry:

Ummm....welcome to AK?? :D

Thanks for the opportunities available here.

Ray

Back
Top Bottom