Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

StimpyWan

Addicted Member
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - If you liked Volume 1, you'll love Volume 2. It brought everything that the first film delivered, and even more! Spectacular action, awesome effects, both funny and sad, with a solid story, that tied into the events of Guardians 1 and never let go.

Each of Guardians had plenty of individual screen time, with very witty dialog shared amongst all the 'Heroes'. The primary supporting characters from Volume 1 were also ably represented. The new characters introduced all fared well. Some better than others, but nothing to distract from the enjoyment of the film.

Laugh out loud, from the start to finish, with truly funny situations. I even received some 'dirty looks' from the other theater goers around me, for laughing a little too loudly. But, what can I say, I loved it and so did my wife. Plus, per usual, stay through the credits. Too much to miss if you leave early. Highly recommended.

P.S. The Thor Ragnarok trailer was epic! It looks to be the best Thor film yet.

I liked the first Guardians. Though, to me, the story was better than it's humor. I chuckled here and there, but I didn't find it as funny as most viewers seemed to. So, for me, Vol. 2 was much much better. Laugh out loud funny. Truly much more humorous. Good story too. I was pleasantly surprised.

Agreed StimpyWan - funny as hell in some spots, and a truly moving story line (or three). It's definitely becoming a franchise for Marvel - and that's OK by me. I'm getting a little tired of the "5 minute countdown to certain death" trope, but it worked for this story.

Overkill on the cheesy special effects. :thumbsdown:

Some great comedic moments though ... :thumbsup:

(As usual, I'm conflicted.) :dunno:

Well first of all the soundtrack was pretty good BUT not as good as the first GOTG but because of the fact I prefer adult GROOT not baby Groot I like the first one better. I know merch from these franchise movies are a big part of Hollywood today but they took the most popular character from this franchise and made him cute and cuddly instead of troubled,in search of his purpose. Great story, great acting too but imo not as good as the first one.

Well first of all the soundtrack was pretty good BUT not as good as the first GOTG but because of the fact I prefer adult GROOT not baby Groot I like the first one better. I know merch from these franchise movies are a big part of Hollywood today but they took the most popular character from this franchise and made him cute and cuddly instead of troubled,in search of his purpose. Great story, great acting too but imo not as good as the first one.
I agree with your points. Further, to me, the "doe-eyed" Peter Quill that was so endearing, is mostly gone here. There is the funny scene with he and Ego playing catch though. The Gamora/Nebula scenes were a waste of time and space as well. This was a good movie, but not the first by any stretch. FAR too many long stretches of boring-ness. The beginning fight and end fight could have been the same thing for as underwhelming as the end was.

Baby Groot with the bomb reminds me of my high school students, except that Groot Jr. got it right at the end.

Tough crowd. Hard to please. Me, I liked Baby Groot. Though, I felt he was showcased a bit to appear extra cute. But I do agree with the comments, concerning the soundtrack. The songs this time, didn't work as well for me. Did the songs match the scenes, or were the scenes matched to the songs?

Well, duh ... they just used the songs that were on the tape, eh! :D

main-qimg-51ba358b54abc076dd32a0b3a46814c4

Looks like Volume 2 is already available as well ... time to dig up the Walkman!

I liked the sequel a lot. It could have been a tad shorter, but that might have been because the theater was freezing. Could "I am Groot" be the new "Baba Booey"?

Baby Groot stole the movie for me....

Loved him dancing....

Baby Groot's best dance scene was still in Volume One though. Then again, he was still potted, and I always dance better when I'm potted too ... or so I keep telling myself ... ;-}

Just like most movie series, the first is good, the second in meh, and the third is good. Why can't they make them all good?
Well first one if it's a hit,they always try to outdo it with the second movie.More of this and more of that.The third one they see where they went wrong and hopefully correct it.

POTTED, EH? :beatnik::beatnik::beatnik::beatnik::beatnik:

What? Huh?? Uhhhhhhh ......... yeah! Potted!

And ya ... the special effects weren't bad, but definitely overkill. Like in the Enclave battle scene ... let's see just how many of the exact same sprite we can cram onto a screen here ...

Last edited:
Haven't seen it yet, but plan to before it leaves the cinemas. Loved the first one, so high hopes for the second :)

On the subject of overkill special effects, those mind-warping, time-bending effects in Dr Strange really annoyed me. I mean, how many times do skyscrapers have to get turned inside out or bent over to ridiculous angles ? A bit of that, all good, but it was overkill for me the amount of it they crammed into that movie. Sorry for off-topicness !

Back
Top Bottom