Had a strangelove visit from the Doc today

aussiedan

Ambition beyond ability
Doc Strangelove as some may know has moved to Canberra, Australia. It seems our local culture has effected him and he went on walkabout.

I discovered him wondering aimlessly at the train station in my town (Ballarat, Victoria, Australia). Looked like he was hungry so we went and had lunch and spent the day talking all things Pioneer and other topics.

Seems all his work over the years researching Pioneer had paid off, with him helping Pioneer Corp piece together a lot of their own history. They were very interested in his material and as such he donated it to them. Hopefully they can use his info.

Unfortunately we only had limited time to catch up on 8 or 9 years of corresponding. I could spend a week with him and still have questions. I showed him as much of the local area as we could in the time given, I think he enjoyed what he saw.

All in all I enjoyed meeting a true gentleman, he's a good representative for all Americans.

For anyone that wants to read more on the history of Pioneer, http://www.kallhovde.com/pioneer/Pioneer/Doc's Component Databases.html

I've been in touch with Doc for quite some time, yet I have never met him face to face. Glad to see that all of his hard work has gotten the recognition it deserves. He told me some time ago that he had been in contact with Pioneer. Looks like it all turned out well.

Back
Top Bottom