Hafler DH 200

soulstreamerAK

I haven't opened it up yet, the left channel is dead, and it gets warm, while the right works and is cool..
A common problem? If I crank up the left, I can hear a LITTLE sound, but it's crackly.

Lots of fuses inside and out. Also a resistor in the middle of the board that I think connects input to output can die.

There is fuse near the outputs and is connected to the feedback. If blown will reduce the output down to almost nothing as the feedback is forced through a resistor instead of the fuse. Check this first.
There is a guy selling a semiconductor kit on eBay for $25. Its a good price for the driver transistors and matching pre-stage diff-pair transistors. It comes with a full set of the standard diodes and a set of zeners for one channel.
I would buy the kit and not mess around.
Check every resistor and replace the three caps. One of which, is bi-polar.
The unregulated is fused in both the positive and negative rails as Blue Shadow mentioned.
If the kit is needed and you followed the instructions, the board will be spot on, in DC Balance and adjust for the bias perfectly.
I've installed this kit a client had purchased and found it well thought out. I have since bought the components from Mouser and gained matched the matched pairs and saved a little money in quantity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom