Hafler SE130

Wolverine

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
IMG_0941.JPG I was given this tuner awhile back and it has been sitting until I decided to put it in my headphone setup. It has good sound and very good range. The only issue I have with it is that it does not hold the presets once you turn the power off. I know this is not a very well known tuner but does anyone have any thoughts on the preset issue?

I’d open ‘er up and look to see if there’s a small battery in need of replacement.
I saw one of those at a pawn shop once - but they were asking absurd pawn shop prices for it.

I’d open ‘er up and look to see if there’s a small battery in need of replacement.
I saw one of those at a pawn shop once - but they were asking absurd pawn shop prices for it.

I have thought about that since I had a Sansui that used a battery based system. I know it's not a common tuner and was hoping someone here had some experience with this unit and issue.
Thanks for your input!

According to the user manual there is a replaceable 3.6v Lithium cell battery in the tuner.

http://hafler.com/pdf/archive/SE-130_digitaltuner_man.pdf

You are the best!!!
Thanks!!!

I have been out of town for the past couple of days and have not had a chance to open it up. Now I know exactly what to do. I see in the manual that the battery is soldered in place which seems a bit excessive. Hopefully it won't be too much of a pain to get to.

Last edited:
IMG_0945.JPG IMG_0946.JPG IMG_0944.JPG So I have opened it up and it looks like the battery is in there pretty solidly but is at least easy to get to. I am pretty much a electronics idiot but it does not look like it was designed to be removed/replaced from the top. The owner's manual gives no instruction on how to replace it and basically tells you to take it to the shop. Not sure I want to spend $50 to have a tech replace the battery on what is probably only a $50 tuner. For you experts out there any suggestions for a noob like me to do the replacement? I only listen to it for a couple of hours a week while getting ready for work so I can live with just leaving it alone.

Last edited:
If it's the purple thing lower right of the first picture, just clip the leads and
wire in a battery holder or a battery. I wouldn't bother with trying to unsolder
it from the circuit board.

If it's the purple thing lower right of the first picture, just clip the leads and
wire in a battery holder or a battery. I wouldn't bother with trying to unsolder
it from the circuit board.

That was my thought but I was looking for a little confirmation that that approach would work.
Thanks!

BTW -Where in Virginia are you located?

I was just there yesterday having lunch with my daughter at the Mellow Mushroom in Cary Town. My daughter is a VCU Arts grad that ended up staying in Richmond after she graduated several years ago.

Nice! I'm heading to your beach this week for a day trip. Surf's up (not) :)

Nice! I'm heading to your beach this week for a day trip. Surf's up (not) :)

I'm sure if it's only a day trip you are on a tight schedule but if you ever want to stop by or get together to talk music or gear feel free to PM me and maybe we can work something out. If you like vinyl I recommend a trip to Vinyl Daze on Laskin Rd. whenever you are in Virginia Beach.

Back
Top Bottom