Happened upon this at the dump

Lucky you! I have one in the mail, with NOS mod. Never heard it. Excited. Paid about 15 times more than you did but I hope it's still worth it. :)

They charged you for it? I would give it to you for not adding to the landfill..
Never the less nice score... What Philips transport does it have, open it up let's see?
Our local dumps have a recycle section, people leave things that can be fixed or used for parts.
Some of the stuff such as this still works.
My friend found an old Yamaha YZ 125 MX needed a carb rebuild fork seals and seat recovered runs like a champ.

They charged you for it? I would give it to you for not adding to the landfill..
Never the less nice score... What Philips transport does it have, open it up let's see?
Our local dumps have a recycle section, people leave things that can be fixed or used for parts.
Some of the stuff such as this still works.
My friend found an old Yamaha YZ 125 MX needed a carb rebuild fork seals and seat recovered runs like a champ.

Yes our city waste transfer station is privately operated so they sell stuff back to the public that people drop off at the recycling side of the station. The prices are generally quite reasonable - I picked up a Technics TT a while back, fully working for $20. I gave it a clean and lube and flipped it for $200 :)

Hello all,

Went for my usual dump run today and pulled out a Rotel RCD-855 in fully working order for $10. Seems I have the TD1541A and Philips transport for very little money. It has digital out too. Sounds great....

View attachment 1190222

I'm somewhat jealous. A big fan of the Philips TDA based units. Nicer external design to my Marantz CD63SE and a better chip

Nice. That looks similar to my RCD-970bx. Be gentle with the drawer. If it is the same mechanism as mine, there is a little plastic gear that is known to fail. Mine has, and now I have to open and close the drawer manually.

nice i have a Marantz CD 52 built by Phillips (with the bad transport draw) but it sounds wonderful. Enjoy yours.

Back
Top Bottom