Happy Camper!!

Thatch_Ear

Addicted Member
Found another Bogen DB20DF mono block at the monthly electronic flea market here in Dallas. One of the very few made for HiFi only amps by Bogen in the mid 50s and the TOTL one at that. I am going to be setting the soldering station and recapping this thing. The cage wasn't original and the 6L6s had been pulled but it looks to be in good shape. Will have to completely recap it though because I have already done that to the first one.
I have already dug out a 6BQ5 PP mono integrated to go through to replace the Bogen in the line up. I will get the Sam's pulled on it Monday at the library and run a copy off. The stacks in the Tech Dept at the main library are one of the nicer things about bif city living.
Thatch

Congrats!

I keep saying I'm going to attend one of the (many) local ham radiofests but haven't as yet. Of course, I'm looking for some choice tubes that I'll probably never find (cheap). Ebay is so EZ, if not always the least expensive route.

MikE

Ahhh

I remember Maxwell street well. The only place where you can have something stolen from you and then sold back to you by one of the vendors :eek:

Grumpy

Hey I wished I woulda taken my Exwife there. :D :D :D :D :D

Bully,
I could only get one of the pages to load, but it sounds like the old one was a real European type market , and while I hope the new one is better than 99% of the flea markets I go to. Even the auctions have changed. I go down to the Goodwill auction where they sell damaged or surplus goods and their is a guy with a cell phone calling his partner to check ebay and see what Grumps is getting for that old reciever.
Good luck and I hope you find a deal like I did. That is only the 3rd good buy I have found in tube gear in over a year and I expect to spend 15 to 20 hours with a soldering iron working on this Bogen. It is a keeper.
Grumps, if you like the ballet in Windsor that much then your ex might have sold you to the sausage maker!
Dang, I am going to have to get another pair of RCA coke bottle 6L6s for this Bogen! Might be time to buy a couple of junk organs again for tubes.
Thatch

Back
Top Bottom