Hard drive media players?

DENNYDOG

Addicted Member
I've been looking for a stand alone hard drive media player that I can hook up to my home stereo. I would like to find something that I can record music directly onto the hard drive without having to disconnect it and hook it up to my computer. Mainly for transfering my lp collection. I've looked at a couple on ebay but all seem to have just a usb input and no analog inputs, so hooking it up directly to my stereo for recording is out of the question. :tears: Any suggestions?

Hi:

You probably already looked at the mediagate media players? Here is a link http://www.airlinktek.com/english/prod_mg350.htm.

It does not have any analog inputs, so recording directly into it is not possible. However, it does have a wireless connection. If you can already record your LPs into say your computer hard drive, then the wireless connection to the mediagate player will be easy. The MG350 comes with both analog stereo and coaxial and optical digital outputs. So connecting to your home stereo will not be a problem.

You will still need a display device to browse the music collection on the mediagate hard drive. It has S-video and component video outputs to connect to a TV.

I hope I did not misunderstand you, and this helps.

Ashok

It isn't entirely clear to me whether you are looking for a recording or playback solution... or both?

Thanks guys!! I think gearhead has the right idea. I didn't realize something like this was available. Those are some sweet looking media pc's!! I will have to look into building something like that. I have considered getting one of Pioneer's new hard drive dvd recorders that have a juke box function but don't really want to spend that much money on a dvd recorder that will be obsolete for recording HDTV in a couple years anyway, just so I can use it to store my music. I will have to look into getting something like gearhead suggested. I thought the only media pc's were the ones that looked like your home pc. These are beautiful with their brushed aluminum faceplates. Just what I need to match all my vintage gear!!!:yippy: THANKS!!!

Back
Top Bottom