Harman Kardon Citation 17 Upgrades

Hello, I have a HK 17 and a component of the output amplifier card is hs

Q4 27 722 831 is what to replace it?

thank you

Ok why do you need to replace the board? What's wrong with it? Pics? Gonna be hard to find a replacement, probably best way is a donor unit and I bet we can help you fix what you have.

Cheers,
Bob

Ok why do you need to replace the board? What's wrong with it? Pics? Gonna be hard to find a replacement, probably best way is a donor unit and I bet we can help you fix what you have.

Cheers,
Bob

No I think he needs to know what transistor to use for Q4 on the output board. I forgot to look last night.

No I think he needs to know what transistor to use for Q4 on the output board. I forgot to look last night.

Gotcha, schematic doesn't have that info?? I've seen a few of these and didn't notice there were different iterations...

Cheers,
Bob

Ya. I hate it too when threads are left open ended.

< snip >

I think I will complete a few more upgrades like all the resistors in the phono stage and I may still look for some Blackgates for the output board signal caps but the 17 will not serve main duties for me anymore. Its not entirely fair to say the AIL1 is better but different in a way that is better. Perhaps I will enjoy inserting the 17 back in every once in awhile.

Currently I am changing all the resistors in the 19 and will post to that forum again soon.

Nice rebuild thread on the 17. I was looking for a 17S and ended up getting a Luxman C300. Is there another thread for your Citation Nineteen rebuild? I've got one that keeps blowing fuses. I was looking forward to reading about your experiences with your Nineteen but can't find the thread.

Does the Nineteen need an updated power supply with protection, similar to what you added to the 17?

Nice rebuild thread on the 17. I was looking for a 17S and ended up getting a Luxman C300. Is there another thread for your Citation Nineteen rebuild? I've got one that keeps blowing fuses. I was looking forward to reading about your experiences with your Nineteen but can't find the thread.

Does the Nineteen need an updated power supply with protection, similar to what you added to the 17?
I upgraded the power supply but left the regulators on the driver boards alone because they are obsolete parts for the most part and are difficult to find and replace. In the end I upgraded the bridge rectifiers to Fairchild discrete diodes and also the first pair of JFets in order to bring the DC output down.

Sorry to drag this old thread up but my phono board has issues. I recapped some of my 17s years back but didnt have a TT so didnt do the phono board. Well its not dead but makes a click pop sound about 8 to 10 times in a row then stops but has static on left channel right side is all good. I changed C12, 24 with some elna similics 2 and c6,18 with some nichicon FWm that I had from some other project. I swapped the C8 C20 from left to right but didnt change anything. I checked all the resistors and zeners and nothing popped out as being blown or out of wack bad. I was checking C12 C24 with board out and voltage reading on one was jumping around bad but on the other was stable .With the popping going on I thought its so uniform that it would have to be a switching devise of some kind and not a cap but now Im thinking maybe the other caps the square looking c1 10 12 and such 6 in total. I have spent alot of time looking at digikey and mouser trying to find replacements for these. And the polyester caps I may do the Square caps that parts connection sells. But I need help with the ceramics 4 total and those and the 100v 0.1 rectangular cap.I really want to get this done I hate to give up on stuff like this but it gets to the point of whats your spare time worth once you hit 60 years old. Sorry about the rant but I have done days and weeks of searching on this . oh I did change 4 transistors put BC55oc in and gain was a little lower but didnt fix my problem and got some 2n5962 pbfree and hope those are ok to replace the 4 s7 transistors any issues with the pbfree?

Sorry guys I did manage to get the wima caps and others ordered the REL caps also and will see but any input on the click pop noise will help.

Back
Top Bottom