Has anyone noticed Karma Kameleon speeds up a the end?

MannyE

Exterminate!
Or however they spelled it...

I was just listening to the song and as it faded out it seemed to speed up a bit.. is it just me? Anyone else hear this?

i can believe it if it was recorded in a large park in London many years ago at a hare Krishna festival i attended . all the girls were screaming oh look its boy George . i just thought so what . we had all come down from the manor that one of the Beatles bought . my memory is failing me know which one it was that bought that place .

I just youtubed it and couldn't discern any tempo change at the fade-out.

I've never intentionally listened to the song and always blew it off as kind of schlocky but it's really no worse than any other catchy pop from that era. I like the intro hook with the reverby harmonica.

Last edited:
I just listened to the last 15 seconds on TIDAL and it did not speed up.

That does not mean that it doesn't speed up on whatever mastering/version you are listening to.

There are 113 versions listed on DISCOGS.

I've always thought that too.

I remember the original vinyl record did the same thing and at the time (I'm showing my age), I thought my TT had speed fluctuation issues. Then I tried another TT and it was in the pressing. The original CD had it too. My guess was an analogue open reel master.

I have the original Colour By Numbers album someplace in my storeroom.

Back
Top Bottom