headphone users? what cans do you have?

Grado RS2e showed up today at the door. Really have to say these are light as a feather and sound supreme and are really my most comfortable headphone I ever had on my head. Time to put some hours on them. I'm blown away how nice these sound and for open back there really quiet. The cord's a monster like at the studio weighs more then the headphones. Perfect length for me from amp to couch with a little play.

I was using the HD650s previously. I didn't think there would be much of a difference. I was wrong. The HD700s are more clear and open, in my brief time I have listened to them. I do want to replace the original cable that came with the HD700s.

Beyer Dynamic DT 880, SenHeiser HD 545, AKG D240 F, Sony MDR V6, MDR 7056.Beyer's are hard to drive sound harsh too.

It's funny how different ears hear things differently.

In my experience, your 880s are probably the LEAST harsh of those on your list.

I went on a buying spree the past few weeks. Besides buying the Sennheiser HD700s I bought the Beyerdynamic HD880s in total black on Massdrop. I find that I Iike the Sennheisers more but they are a more expensive headphone.

IMG_0015.JPG

Last edited:
Beyer DT-990 Pro, 250 ohm version. I think they are really good. I also have an older pair of these that are the 600 ohm version, and I think they sound better than the newer ones. As always, YMMV. :music:

For the longest time I had bose qc15 noise cancelling headphones and I wound up giving them to my wife when I purchased the shure srh940 monitors.

Hi everyone! Any recommendations on headphones for a Marantz SR5009? I have Beyerdynamic DT770 that I used with my Scott LK-72 but they lack bass and seem harsh with the Marantz.

Grateful for any replies.

I have used Sennheiser HD 414's for about 50 years. Same pair. I've tried others including HD 600. HD 414's are the best. I've ordered some electrostatics. I've been wanting to try them since Koss started producing them.

Beyer DT-990 Pro, 250 ohm version. I think they are really good. I also have an older pair of these that are the 600 ohm version, and I think they sound better than the newer ones. As always, YMMV. :music:
I now have a new favourite: Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus (IMHO, an amazing bargain for less than $150 and maybe the best-sounding of all my headphones!). As always, YMMV :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

New to the game here I decided to try out the Sony 1AM2 phones and I’m pleased with them. Very smooth presentation, great range and super comfortable. I can apparently listen to them for hours. I think they’re breaking in now after about 20 hours they sound excellent to me. They seem more open and there might be more bass than at first. Also, they seem to pair nice with th FiiO M11 I just got, which is lucky because I like that too.

I wound up getting Bowers and Wilkins P7 wired. New in box for $100. Locally

2188541-bowers-amp-wilkins-p7-overear-wired-headphones.jpg

Back
Top Bottom