Heed Audio Elixir

I can't demo the Heed locally. In fact the Elixir doesn't even appear on the Canadian distributor's website. I've been procrastinating borrowing the Alabaster because I'm still debating whether I'm willing to sacrifice a HP output and remote for that last iota of musicality.
I was hoping you would tell me that you replaced the Alabaster by the little Heed because it was better sounding. That might be enough for me to take a chance on it sight unseen. The gray character of the Alabaster you mention reminds me a bit of my Nait XS 2 but I know a local reviewer (and Naim owner) that bought the Alabaster after reviewing it.

I haven't had an Alabaster for several years. The Heed is as good as the Campion, in many ways, which I did have until last week.

Ok, couldn't see the pics but I did find your other thread on the Brio. :thumbsup:

I haven't had an Alabaster for several years. The Heed is as good as the Campion, in many ways, which I did have until last week.
Sorry I vaguely remembered spotting a Sonneteer in your signature. My failing memory misled me to think it was the Alabaster.

The Elixir has settled in nicely in my primary setup and is really singing wonderfully. It is a bit more detailed than the Brio-R making instruments easier to discern. The Elixir is also more forward with a great sense pace and timing. Bass is better defined if not prodigious. It just has more pop when it needs to. It may not be a reference amp but it is the best budget amp I've enjoyed in my home.

I gave up multi channel and decided on a 2 channel only system in the living room. I needed a mutli purpose integrated amp.

Thank you, Gavin, and so nice to see you!
I've been out of circulation because so much personal stuff has happened, I also had to move back to the UK for now. My sig needs updating as well as I no longer have the Orbe (wrong voltage for the UK). Who knows, in the future I may be starting a thread on the Avid Acutus and a host of other goodies though?

How's the LM 515?

Art. Followed your posts for years. I now have Harbeth Super HL5 Plus's powered by a Heed Obelisk Si. Thought I would get another Supernait 2 but why bother. The Heed seems to be working wonderfully. Can get my Leben CS300XS back but don't want to bother with tubes and want a remote as I'm now also using this system for AV duties. Going to miss that Naim grip on the bass but maybe it's just coloration. Think Heed really is the best of tubes without the hassle.

Adam

I have been listening to the Heed Elixir for a couple of months now and have to say that I am really impressed. At around 1k this is an unbeatable amp. Fast, detailed and has all the features I need. A very competent phono preamp and headphone amp as well and pre outs for those who feel they need a sub. No DAC and as much as those change I think that is a good thing. The sound is stunning for the money and very much worth the few pennies it costs over the Rega Brio-R, itself a wonderful bargain. The Heed Elixir, in my opinion, redefines value in this price category.

Very nice, Art! The Heed sounds like the perfect piece for you! I'd love to see some updated pics of your space(s)!

Beautiful, Art - I love how you've got the speakers placed in the room as well. I have to imagine it sounds sublime! Bravo!

Back
Top Bottom