Heed Audio Elixir

I've been out of circulation because so much personal stuff has happened, I also had to move back to the UK for now. My sig needs updating as well as I no longer have the Orbe (wrong voltage for the UK). Who knows, in the future I may be starting a thread on the Avid Acutus and a host of other goodies though?

How's the LM 515?
Hey Gavin whats up man its Tawaun....

Well as you saw I'm back in the UK but missing the Oregon and Hi FI like crazy, I'd love to start listening to stuff again like the Heed and many more.
Oregon HiFi is great, but you're in the Mecca right now, you should be in Stereo Candyland....lol

Resurrecting an old(ish) thread here. I have been looking at purchasing an integrated amp with analog inpits and supplementing that with a bluetooth capable DAC and, like some others here, I have found my way to the Heed Elixir and the Rega Brio 2017. What I'm wondering is how folks like the Elixir's built-in phono amp? Is it good enough to stand on its own?

It's a very good phono stage. Based on the Heed Questar.
Thanks, Art. What're your overall impressions of the Heed sound (warm/cold/analytic/other buzzwords)? Have you tried the Rega Brio 2017 yet? If so, how do the phono stages compare?

Unrelated recommendation for Heed electronics.
I have a Heed Questar phono stage which is very good. I got it for my Sonneteer Orton integrated amp. It was adequate and I may have stayed with it, but I got the Sonneteer Sedley because it has USB and matches the Orton. I also got a Heed Canamp headphone amp. I am impressed with Heed.

I owned the Brio-R and probably won't try the latest one. The Heed meets my needs. The Heed is warm and musical. It's also engaging without just increasing the PRaT. It get the emotions of the music right and lets each type of music flow as it should.

I'm curious if any Heed Elixr owners have compared it to the Rega Elex-R? The Elex has more power and has received excellent reviews. I'm trying to learn if it's a step up or a lateral move.

I'm curious if any Heed Elixr owners have compared it to the Rega Elex-R? The Elex has more power and has received excellent reviews. I'm trying to learn if it's a step up or a lateral move.

I've owned both. Personally I prefer the HEED by a decent margin. The tonality of the Heed just seemed more right to me. I don't think the power is really a consideration. Anything that would be appropriate speaker wise with the Elex would be fine with the Heed and vice versa. I think the Heed has a more rich low end. Things like upright bass just have more of a correct weight for me and better timbre and tone.

I would enjoy your Heed and not worry about the Rega stuff. Build quality on the Heed is better as well.

- Woody

Thanks for the feedback Woody. That’s what I was wanting to know. Sounds like a lateral move at best.

For sure. And the photo section of the Heed is definitely superior. I sold my not that long ago cause I just had (have) too much stuff... but I miss that little amp. Super nice piece.

- Woody

Back
Top Bottom