Heed Audio Elixir

Very interesting. I’ve heard of the Sugden A21. Sounds like the little Elixr is holding it’s own.

No, I bought it used. I was looking on his website to see if had a used one for sale. Not sure what I can get for the Heed if I decide to move up to the Belles. I’m interested though.

I bought my Heed from Gene and he gave me a very generous trade in on it. Make no mistake the Sugden was a great amp but there are things that the Belles does that the Sugden couldn’t. Dynamics and detail, both in the upper frequencies and bass. It needs significant break in time. It isn’t audio jewelry like the Sugden, either. The A21 was a beautiful amp. Pride of ownership was off the charts...but look at the pic I shared of the Belles innards. Super well built. Design is flawless. Example, the phono stage is dead quiet with volume all the way up. Even with cd playing there is no bleed over, there was with the Sugden. Gene says that the Aria is very close to the sound quality of the 2018 LFD Mistral that costs twice as much. The Aria is a real winner.

It sure would be nice to demo one before buying. No dealers in my area. I'll have to call Gene and see what kind of deal he will offer. I do want an amp with a phono stage and headphone amp. I listen through headphones when the wife is sleeping. I was planning on getting a TT but I might wait and purchase a new amp. I'm very satisfied with the Heed but would like to make one more step up.

Hey regarding Gene I have to agree an excellent dealer I purchased my used heed elixir from him had a miner problem with it .Gene dealt with it straight away and had the unit replaced for me with a brand new unit now that’s what I call customer service

I was thinking tough about trying the Heed Elixir, but I think I may have the inside track on a brand new Roksan Kandy for the low low..

I love the Sugdens to....I'm a junkie for class A years ago I had the Unison Unico and a21 at the same time in the house for a demo back then I had the Focal 906 and totem arros the a21 just didn't have enough juice for them, but the Unico with the RCA black plate tubes was sublime..... indeed the Belles is nice gear maybe 1 day I'll get around to them....

Hey regarding Gene I have to agree an excellent dealer I purchased my used heed elixir from him had a miner problem with it .Gene dealt with it straight away and had the unit replaced for me with a brand new unit now that’s what I call customer service

Gosh, I hope it wasn't my old Elixir. I never had a single issue with it.

Hi just wondering did you notice a popping sound via your loudspeakers after turning the unit off are did you just leave the unit on continuously as suggested ?

Back
Top Bottom