Hello, Audiokarma.

Romeo Wolf

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I am a vintage/retro audio junkie, who buys sh*t from retail and thrift stores. Whenever it be great, underrated, rare, questionable, crappy, or generic (maybe downright hideous), I'd buy it within a good deal. I have a questionable, and pretty crappy sounding General Electric 3-5667A Cassette Recorder Boombox, which I call the "Fartbox". It sounds worse than it looks, much like this 1988 Soundlabs Super Woofer Boombox here:

Weak, distorted bass not even at half volume with 100Hz 10+ Db make this plastic Chinese beats quality so-called Ghettoblaster sound like a kitchen radio compared to my Aiwa Exos-9. It gets loud, but that's the only good thing about it in terms of sound. Hey, at least my birthday comes in late July. (Skip this if you want); So I want the best sounding Boombox, no matter the size, 15lbs or less (weak & skinny af), 80s, no Sanyo/Fisher/Sony please! (If this isn't allowed in AK, screw me)

Note: there's a video of ONE of the detachable speakers of the same model GE I have being blown, at 1:46, and it only lasted a second before it was devoured. It was BARELY Moving! Here:

Other speakers:
-Very very underrated Zenith 5.1 Surround sound Home Theater from SRW-(Z?)711 Series, 7.5-25W RMS (Powered SRW-711B Subwoofer has on/off switch unlike others) ~ $8 (including satellites)
-Yamaha 5.1 Home theater (missing center speaker) w/ NS-AP5700BLF/BLS & P-3600 Passive Subwoofer (yes, I have TWO Home theaters, IN MY BEDROOM!) ~ $24 for all (bought on separate days)
-*RARE* Sanyo SSV16 (Bass reflex, 16" woofer, 5" & 3" Mid-range, 2" Tweeter) ~ $40 @ Goodwill (I know I didn't want Sanyo, but these speakers were an enormous 4ft tall, and blew my mind. I knew I had to have these and so far, so impressed, especially when one stuck out of the trunk and the other took up the entire backseat when we went to haul them)

Receiver: None, yet! But am looking for a vintage one for my birthday.

Other electronics/entertainment:
-Memorex MVDT2002 20" CRT TV (VHS/DVD Combo) ~ $5 @ Garage sale!
-Zenith Circle Of Sound C472W Solid State ~ $25 @ Antique mall (bought in Febuary, been repaired since March and still is to this day, by an elderly woman. I miss it, but hope to get a newer H472W soon)
-Aiwa Exos-9 Portable Bluetooth speaker ~ $300 Amazon Christmas gift (2017)
-Sony SRS-X55 ~ $90 Costco Christmas gift (2016)
-Bēm Mojo || Wireless speaker (1x pair) ~ $65 @ Costco (Aug 2016)
-c.1980 Siren System Generic flashlight radio ~ Free (sent to me from my grandma)

That'll be...Well, all. Hello Everyone from Vancouver, WA!

Last edited:
Welcome to ya. Your lucky to have disposable income.
To be honest it was kinda hard to watch that guy blow up speakers.
Not really sure why he would want to do that. Even if they are crappy speakers.
:dunno:

Welcome to ya. Your lucky to have disposable income.
To be honest it was kinda hard to watch that guy blow up speakers.
Not really sure why he would want to do that. Even if they are crappy speakers.
:dunno:
True, but sometimes I watch those videos because I find them satisfying.

Back
Top Bottom