Hello! ... from an English expat living in Poland

PapaCHiGLY

Hi all. Very interesting site, great community and really appreciate the knowledge found here (even if a lot of it goes way over my head)

As an expat living in Poland, I've noticed some unique manufactures guess made in the old eastern bloc.
I often try looking for info on e.g 'merkury dsh 303a' but nothing in English.
I'll be looking to buy a 70's amp. I really dig the green glow of Rotels but many I see recommend pioneer, sansui, yamaha ect...

Technics SL 5300 turntable (my pride and joy)
Technics_SL_5300.jpg

Technics SL PS700 CD player (which i hope to mod some day)
Technics_SL_PS700.jpg

Dali zensor 3 speakers (6 ohm)
Dali_zensor_3.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to AK!

Videoton speakers were made in Hungary, so maybe you'll find some of those over there?

Lee.

What a warm welcome! Thanks:)

Welcome aboard. Love the UK and would love to visit Poland one day. I believe the higher end Rotel are on the same level as the Sansui, Luxman and higher end Yammie. Love the ol- RX1603 or their total amplifier the RB5000. Come to think of it, I believe there's one for sale in Poland..LOL

As I would l love to visit Canada one day too. I'm also into a bit of a cue sports, American 8 ball being my preference. I remember watching snooker as a kid in the golden 80's era with memorable characters like 'Bill Werbeniuk' (RIP) , Kirk Stevens (man, that guy could play!) and Cliff Thorburn.
As for the Rotel RB5000 , it's only going for about $4500! . I don't think my wife will quite see it as my 'harmless new hobby'. Later down the road.. who knows?

Welcome to AK!

Videoton speakers were made in Hungary, so maybe you'll find some of those over there?

Lee.

A lot of the old eastern bloc designs seem to share similar looks, for example the Videoton speakers you mentioned I found a set for sale here in Poland for about $14
HALKA R 4932.jpg Only the speakers from this set are for sale.

Last edited: