Hello from Charleston, SC

roguewave

I'm brand new to the vintage audio world (sort of.. I've done really horrible things to some really old equipment in the past).. just put together a super entry-level setup to kind of get my feet wet. Not gonna lie, it was initially about the aesthetic.. but the more I researched, the more I got onboard with actually getting some solid listening joy out of the whole experience. The nostalgia is STRONG.. my dad had a pretty extensive setup in the 70s when I was a kid. I haven't fooled around with vintage(ish?) equipment like this since.. well, since it wasn't vintage. Anyhow, here's what I'm working with:

Sanyo 2050
Yamaha YP-B2 turntable
Bose 301 Series II bookshelf speaks

.......and a very well hidden Echo Dot, cause I loves me some Spotify. I'm linking a couple of pics.. the receiver & turntable are in amazingly good shape, I think. Please pardon the messy kitchen.

Looking forward to learning a lot here!!

IMG_1022.jpg IMG_1023.jpg

Welcome to the AK community!

Not being critical at all here, just a safety tip,...

The Bose speakers 'look' a little precarious on those 3-point stands, so close to the Christmas tree. Be careful if you have small children or a pet close to them.

Welcome to the AK community!

Not being critical at all here, just a safety tip,...

The Bose speakers 'look' a little precarious on those 3-point stands, so close to the Christmas tree. Be careful if you have small children or a pet close to them.

Oh, they don't just look precarious.. those things are wobblier than my drunken granddad. I just had them perched up there while I was testing the equipment, and to take a couple of pics. They're firmly planted back on the floor now, until I can find a set of stands that works for them!

Back
Top Bottom