Hello from Florida

Finjima

I been a member, past subscriber for a while, lurked on and off mostly but thought I should Introduce myself. I'm originally from Minnesota where I took photo/electronics at tech school in the mid 80's growing up in the 70's I liked a diverse kinds of music from folk, country rock and pop. my dads record player was something that played records, 8 track and radio is all i remember and he had a small collection of records, he had Roy Orbison, Johnny Horton, the Movie sound track to "the good the bad the ugly" the Ventures, Herman's Hermits and the others I cant recall ATM, I loved the good the bad the ugly like huge, both the movie and the sound track, johnny's sink the Bismark was another favorite. I remember Convoy, John Lennon Imagine was a early important song even and the tender age of 4, I liked the Doors, Janis Joplin, steve miller, well I could go on, but here It's about the Gear and for me playing dad's stereo and ogling over everything in the sear cataloge dreaming that someday I would have a kick ass stereo system. a few years after etch school i went to collage and there I finally hooked up to a decent but totally crappy sound system, I had the Bose cube/subwoofer system, and I had the acrylic display subwoofer and that was so cool i wish i still had it today, I thought that was cool then, now not s much. after a couple years of collage i moved around a lot and at some point i left the stereo stuff behind.
flash forward years later while soul searching i felt I lost a piece of my self and so through stereos I'm atempting to put together a really classic system. but I'm not there yet, but I'll work my up to basically a nice system, right now i'm on the short end of good speakers, I have a pair of RTR 600D's in the garage where they have to stay, they are HUGE! too big for the house, picked them up for $40 bucks at the thrift for snicks. I turn it up to 4 on my Yamaha CR640 and the neighbor lady from 2 houses overcomes over and says she can hear my stereo, so I naturally invite her over but she declines :p
My last job I worked for a military contractor in assembly where I soldered all day so not I'm kinda handy with precision soldering, currently I want to work on restoration on speakers and electronics. and am also Interested into getting into tubes too. OK this is probably a good start for now, I'll pick this up more later

Welcome.. Spent a little time in Destin-Fort Walton Bch. area. (Eglin AFB for 16yrs.)

Hey all again, again those from Minnesota my home state and to HK from the black forest in Germany where my framily is from. Getting active here must be good luck I picked up a Sansui G-801 yesterday for reasonable price

Back
Top Bottom