Hello from Manhattan

zulks

Hi everyone,

Been lurking off and on forever, but I've finally joined! My wife's uncle gave me possibly the best gift I've ever received: his excellent condition Pioneer Spec stack. He was nice enough to do a basic cleaning for me, but I expect to find some issues with 40 year old equipment, even if it appears to be in perfect condition!

Here's what I've got:
Spec-1 Pre
Spec-4 Amp
RT-707 R2R
CT-F1000 Tape
TX-9500 II Tuner
ADS L910's

I'm fortunate that we live in a well-insulated prewar apartment in the East Village, even at pretty high volumes, my downstairs neighbor can't hear this beast in action!

Attachments

• IMG_7988 2.jpg
    IMG_7988 2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 19
Unbelievably nice deal there -- I think you're going to have to get him something nice in return for Christmas . . .

Good to see you. Buy your wife's uncle a nice bottle of sumpthin'. A REALLY NICE bottle of sumpthin'.

Good to see you. Buy your wife's uncle a nice bottle of sumpthin'. A REALLY NICE bottle of sumpthin'.
I would have to agree. A really really nice bottle of something. Maybe nice enough to make him forget he just gave away an awesome hifi setup. Nice uncle

Welcome!
I lived in the East Village (9th between 1st and A) 20 years ago.... a great neighborhood!

Back
Top Bottom