Hello from Melbourne, Australia.

David McRae

hi, I have been researching various "vintage" amps to help me decide on a purchase and have seen many useful bits of info from this site. I have always liked Sansui products from the 70's but have next to no idea on the differences between models. I am a total novice, but eager to learn at 47! I've been looking at Sansui 331, 551. Is it worth spending more on a more powerful model? Any advice greatly appreciated. I'm on crutches at the moment and have plenty of time to learn.
Thank you to all , look forward to leaning more from this community.
Dave from Melbourne.

Dave, Welcome! and good luck deciding which Sansui to buy! (I'll add that I always liked Yamaha components, too.)

hello I have owned several of that series I am now running a 661 and it is best sounding unit I have had I buy sell and repair units as a hobby the 661 771 and 881 have larger output transistors and a better sound than the lower units and I feel needed features like two tape deck inputs and monitors but remember almost everything this old needs tlc to sound its best

Welcome David! Become familiar with the DC Offset and You and Deoxit threads on this site!

Back
Top Bottom