Hello from Naperville, Illinois / Lubbock, Texas

...I'm afraid I don't know a Margie, although my friends in Naperville are generally in the 18-24 age bracket :)...

The reason I asked is that she's a good friend of mine that I used to work with here in Naperville, and she's now working on her PhD in Shakespearean History at Texas Tech. Little older than your group though...around 30-ish.

I'm getting the itch for a new car, and that's one of the ones on my short list.

I haven't heard of a place called The Planet, but there is a club on 4th just east of campus that could have been it. It's called 'Club Luxor', and it caters to, ah, 'alternative' lifestyle patrons.

I wouldn't doubt if they owned that... Sounds like their style.. chasing the money, and like Stan always said, add sex, and you're gonna get rich....

They started out in the early 80's with a couple gay bars, and made a big fortune there, then turned all that money into the Planet... the hottest place in town to party.. I used to barback and bartend there, and every blue moon DJ some.. all the Tech teams used to hang out there.. that was in the days it was still legal to sell X at the door as people were walking in.. MAN can I tell some stories about that place.. Even got to meet the guys from Iron Maiden when they came in there the night before their show in town... They were some of the coolest rockers I've ever met (I also used to work the local crew there for all the shows that came through Lubbock)

Back
Top Bottom