Hello from Orlando!

Rayns

Hello all

I’m new here and to vintage audio. I’ve been looking around online trying to see if anyone might be interested in trading a vintage receiver and or turntable for passes to Universal here in Orlando. If anyone’s planning a vacation any time soon let me know I would love to work something out!

Many thanks

Audiokarma is fun! There are a lot of good people here. I haven’t been a member long, and already love it!

Welcome friend! :D

Welcome to another fellow Floridians. There are quite a few of us now. I am guessing I am a good bit West of you. I could not stand Oville any more. I'll stick with the deer and turkey, plus living in the center of two state forests brings us a nice collection of creatures. We were sitting out front one evening when a grey fox was walking up wind of us and just sauntered right past us. I'll take that to traffic jams. Good luck to you on your ventures.

Welcome to another fellow Floridians. There are quite a few of us now. I am guessing I am a good bit West of you. I could not stand Oville any more. I'll stick with the deer and turkey, plus living in the center of two state forests brings us a nice collection of creatures. We were sitting out front one evening when a grey fox was walking up wind of us and just sauntered right past us. I'll take that to traffic jams. Good luck to you on your ventures.
Funny! I live in Orlando and deer & turkey go through the backyard quite often!

Yeah, DC, but I don't have to deal with I-4, RT 50, or the I-529 that was run so close to my house that I could throw a rock at it. I lived in the country of West Orange County. Now there is a Walmart, Publix and more housing developments that you can throw a stick at. Wherever you live and still have wildlife you are lucky. The growth will become the death of them eventually. All the bears coming into Longwood are there because they have nowhere to find food anymore; so they are coming into the developments to find food. They won't last very long as the beltway, built without animal tunnels, will become the real block to the East. There is few places in the Otown area where you can see the stars or the Milky Way. There are few place where you can sit outside at night and hear the silence. The night before the Southwest branch of the beltway was going to open, the one that was a stone's throw from my home, My wife and I took our chairs out back where we had a good spot to look over our lake. We sat and stargazed and listened to the quiet noises of the night, the frogs, the cricket and katydids, the coyotes. This night was the end of quiet. From that night forward the predominant sound was the noise of cars and trucks rushing by on the Interstate. We could no longer see or hear the fireworks from Disney anymore. I have spent my entire life trying to stay away from progress and have failed. Where I live now is not perfectly quiet and the sky is clear enough of streetlight flare to be able to watch the Perseid Meteors tonight and tomorrow night. We hear some local traffic from Rt 41, but it is not enough to blot out the owls and the whipoorwills. I'm satisfied being where I am now and hope like hell that they don't destroy the Withlacoochee State forest which surrounds us.

Yeah, DC, but I don't have to deal with I-4, RT 50, or the I-529 that was run so close to my house that I could throw a rock at it. I lived in the country of West Orange County. Now there is a Walmart, Publix and more housing developments that you can throw a stick at. Wherever you live and still have wildlife you are lucky. The growth will become the death of them eventually. All the bears coming into Longwood are there because they have nowhere to find food anymore; so they are coming into the developments to find food. They won't last very long as the beltway, built without animal tunnels, will become the real block to the East. There is few places in the Otown area where you can see the stars or the Milky Way. There are few place where you can sit outside at night and hear the silence. The night before the Southwest branch of the beltway was going to open, the one that was a stone's throw from my home, My wife and I took our chairs out back where we had a good spot to look over our lake. We sat and stargazed and listened to the quiet noises of the night, the frogs, the cricket and katydids, the coyotes. This night was the end of quiet. From that night forward the predominant sound was the noise of cars and trucks rushing by on the Interstate. We could no longer see or hear the fireworks from Disney anymore. I have spent my entire life trying to stay away from progress and have failed. Where I live now is not perfectly quiet and the sky is clear enough of streetlight flare to be able to watch the Perseid Meteors tonight and tomorrow night. We hear some local traffic from Rt 41, but it is not enough to blot out the owls and the whipoorwills. I'm satisfied being where I am now and hope like hell that they don't destroy the Withlacoochee State forest which surrounds us.
I hear ya! But I was always a city boy any way (more or less.) This IS the country compared to where I came from (Portland, OR). Nothing but concrete as far as the eye can see!

So it goes.

Hope you find your peace!

Back
Top Bottom