Hello from Pittsburgh

blueknight

Hello all just signed up from Pittsburgh, Pa
I have been buying some vintage gear lately since my 15 y/o son wants to hear what records sound like. I grabbed a vintage Dual 1009 turntable locally with a brand new cartridge on the cheap. I was then able to grab a set of Cerwin Vega LS12 speakers used, and today I picked up a Pioneer SX737.

When I picked the 737 up i listened to it through the SE-Q404 headphones that came with it and it sounded great. Got it home cleaned it off and sprayed it down with compressed air. Plugged it in hooked and it up and nothing!!! I can hear the relay kick on after 3 seconds or so but n sound from the main speakers in A or B. The headphone jack still works. Anything you guys can think of maybe I did't try?
Thanks

Last edited:
The Cerwin Vega LS12 is fuse protected I believe. If the fuses are blown you will not get sound out of them.

Wow that was fast guys thanks for making me feel so welcome. Just to let you know we have a winner!! Fuses were blown in the LS12. The guy I bought them from said he used them when he was in his pool and played them loud. He claims he blew out his receiver. Well he actually blew out both fuses lol.
Now to find these 2.0 a 250v slow blow fuses. Man I miss Radio Shack

Welcome! I think regular (as opposed to slo-blo) fuses would be appropriate. Check a big hardware store, Home Depot, etc. & you should find 'em.

Back
Top Bottom