Hello from the UK

VUx

Hi

Like many, I've found this site to be very informative over some time now.

I've been into hifi since my mid teens, a quarter of a century ago, when I imperiously directed my chauffeur (/dad) from classified seller to classified seller, gradually building a pretty good schoolboy setup: Marantz PM52, CD63SE, Thorens TD124, SME Series III Mk IV (with the little hydraulic damping bath), Mission 751s.

Work and studies had me travelling for a bit and relying more on portable players. But now I'm back and in the process of establishing a bit of a "lofi hifi" by which I suppose I mean something quite good, but not too pricey etc.

I bought a lot of sonos stuff, but it really wasn't for me. Right now, I'm streaming to an Apple AE and also a Google CCA, into a Technics A900s, into a pair of KEF LS50s. I also have a Sansui TA-300, which I'm in the process of cleaning up. I'm thinking it might warm up the KEFs a bit - they can get a tad bright off the A900s.

For now, hi! and do let me know if you have any thoughts on nice 70s amps that will fit with the LS50s.

:)

Hi VUx and welcome to AK! Very nice equipment you own there! Have heard those KEF LS-50 and they are very impressive:thumbsup: Enjoy your audio journey!

Back
Top Bottom