Hello, my name is Chad and I have a speaker problem

Since I have been involved in this community I've seen a lot of rooms that use speakers as speaker stands, I myself have been guilty.

Let me know when you get to 25 pairs and then we'll talk. I just gave away 4 pairs just to show that I'm a recovering speaker-holic. (1 pair of Polk 7A's, 1 pair of KLH 17's, 2 pair of KLH 32's)

Well the problem just got worse .... for the better!!!! AR-2a came home today. And I LOVE THEM. This is the sound I love! But can anyone tell me, are these the original midrange drivers? They look a little too new.

18010181_10207010312774940_8036330130717426898_n_zpsoait22bq.jpg
18057100_10207010312814941_6725925315479661526_n_zps8jlurq4m.jpg

18058003_10207010312854942_877525466263055256_n_zpsk5j4la3p.jpg

17992019_10207010312894943_3207852214440471805_n_zpsikhgx4ip.jpg

they look right to me, mine came warped too and the surrounds loaded up with goop. I was looking into doing a conversion by adding the ar-2ax mid and do a conversion. AR just added a new face plate where the mid's were. that was before I raided it for parts, your woofers look good as well as the tweets.

they look right to me, mine came warped too and the surrounds loaded up with goop. I was looking into doing a conversion by adding the ar-2ax mid and do a conversion. AR just added a new face plate where the mid's were. that was before I raided it for parts, your woofers look good as well as the tweets.

Thanks! Good to know. I will rave on about these speakers soon. I think the consensus was the upgraded midrange didn't yield much difference, but who knows?

I just noticed in your pic the frame for the mids is broke off, you may have a leak if that isn't sealed. well if you can find a good deal on a pair of mids on the bay you can play around and see

I just noticed in your pic the frame for the mids is broke off, you may have a leak if that isn't sealed. well if you can find a good deal on a pair of mids on the bay you can play around and see

Oh, I see that now. I'll take a look and see if I can fix that somehow or think of a way to seal them off. I was thinking about the AR2ax upgrade and some point, but I love the sound so much now I'm not really worried about it!

I have a question. These are supposed to be laid on their sides. They're not mirror imaged so I can't figure out how you can possibly lay them sideways and have the tweeters equally positioned. :wtf:

You always end up with positioning looking like this:

position_zpspqndbp4p.jpg

Nice inventory!
I have had all of the above. Point being... Humbly stated their wouldn't be a space problem. The Mini Mites and DQ-10's would be the only 2 rating a foot print and power:)

I thought i was ok. Today my wife pointed out that we have 32 pairs of speakers in the house.. Not sure what she was trying to tell me.:idea:

I thought i was ok. Today my wife pointed out that we have 32 pairs of speakers in the house.. Not sure what she was trying to tell me.:idea:

That if you could get an average of $100 a pair for them on CL, BT, or USAudiomart, you could have one pair of excellent speakers? :rolleyes:

Regards
Mister Pig

Glad you came here for help figuring out what your wife ment. Us AKers are proud of the help we extend to our fellow members. I believe its entirely possible she is wondering why you don't have 40 or 50 pairs of speakers, because she is such a loving wife and really cares about your hobby and passion. You should take her out to dinner at least once a week and tell her how lucky you are to have a wonderful wife like her.

Glad you came here for help figuring out what your wife ment. Us AKers are proud of the help we extend to our fellow members. I believe its entirely possible she is wondering why you don't have 40 or 50 pairs of speakers, because she is such a loving wife and really cares about your hobby and passion. You should take her out to dinner at least once a week and tell her how lucky you are to have a wonderful wife like her.
My wife agrees with you..

That if you could get an average of $100 a pair for them on CL, BT, or USAudiomart, you could have one pair of excellent speakers? :rolleyes:

Regards
Mister Pig

Except that at my house, half of them are in need of restoration, and half of THOSE are in pieces at any one time...

Back
Top Bottom