Hello, new here. 17 year old from ohio beginner

I would call over there and see what they recommend, the place I am thinking of is rather a crowded mess of audio paraphernalia.

Hey Luke—shoot me a PM and I can give you my number, probably easier to discuss your options over the phone. :thumbsup:

As others have said, we need your youth! Welcome, and do not be afraid to share your opinions... there are many here who have great respect for Generation Y ... and Z
If you are into Vintage Audio, then you've passed my test:D
Have fun, and I look forward to your posts.

Also to answer ur question about records, well I have 200 in total 100 45s and 100 lps. One of my records is fleetwoid macs rumors wvich is one of my all time favorites

That's a fave of many of us. If there's anything more sublime than "Songbird" I don't know what it would be.

Cool story - the very mixing board used for Rumours belongs to my friend Dave Barrick, who runs a local studio in Glasgow, Ky. Also, the ZZ Top Eliminator album was supposedly mixed on this board as well.

As an aside, Luke, you're going to want to buy everything you see, initially (maybe that's just me?) but my advice is THIS -

FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU WANT, WHERE YOU'RE WANTING TO GO WITH YOUR EQUIPMENT, and THEN prowl Bartertown (included with a 25 dollar subscription) because I've bought BETTER equipment for CHEAPER than anywhere else, plus I made many friends.

I don't usually capitalize words like that, but if someone had both given me that advice, and I had TAKEN it, I wouldn't be Mr. "Hoardimus Maximus".

Best of luck on your new hobby!

Thanks for the great advice, I appreciate it! I haven't had that bug with hifi equipment, well in my mind I have but have fought it mainly because of well money says more than desire lol. I've made most of my budget dedicated towards vinyl the past year and it has paid off for sure. Have over 200 records 100 45s and 100 albums. I have a interview today so hopefully I will have more income coming in. Before this I've been mainly doing chores around the house

I am on the console stereo group on facebook, they recommended this forum, and wow so much knowledgable and intelligent people here
I am a as they call it "young un". 17 years old. Been into electronics as long as I can remember and been record collecting and into hi fi stereo since two months before I turned 16. Got my first record player in July of 2015 and it all went downhill from there (as they would say on intervention thats how it started)
Into a variety of music basically anything from the 60s to now. Love 80s music (much to the chargin of my father, who ironically was a teenager in the 80s) and anything really except for trap.
Hope to get some help as I have a zenith console in need of help that I will post a thread about. Hope to get to know all of ya, and well hopefully all you old chaps don't have the urge to yell to get off my lawn (lol)
Anyway, hope to get more knowledge and better my skills

I'm 35 and probably on the young side here too. Glad to have you here!

Back
Top Bottom