Hello, new member

Guest126

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum, but I'm definitely not new to stereo equipment, music, records etc. In terms of stereo equipment such as turntables, I have been on a 30 year hiatus from the hobby. I had a strong interest in turntables, receivers, speakers when I was in high school, but when I went to college, the stress and complications of life took my attention away from stereo hi fi equipment. Match the troubles of the day with the advent of cds, and you could tell that vinyl lps were all but dead. I actually wanted to buy a Dual turntable during my last years in college, but when I saw one in a store, I didn't think the quality was all that in person. I was still running the Garrard that my dad bought me as a Christmas present ten years before, and I decided to keep the Garrard.

Alright, fast forward about 28 years from that point to now, and I was randomly searching the web for Garrard turntables. Garrard was a preferred turntable of my dad (he owned a few, including a 990B changer), and (of course) I still had that model he gave me in h.s. (GT-15). Anyway, I ran across a few pictures of the DD75 model and one or two of Garrard's last turntables from the early 80's. I re-kindled my long lost interest in high fidelity stereo components, and the result was the following: I bought a Garrard DD75 (technically it was my second turntable under my ownership), a Dual CS 1246 changer, followed by a new Yamaha receiver, new Cerwin Vega speakers, and a new Onkyo CD changer (on the way). I wanted to rekindle my fondness for the vintage Garrard and Dual that I longly admired, and to once again enjoy my huge vinyl collection. I look forward to viewing everyone's posts and sharing some of my experiences.

Hi lbls1 and welcome to AK! Very cool story! Thanks so much for sharing. :thumbsup: Enjoy your audio journey!

Back
Top Bottom