Hello SMAC - I'm in South Lyon Mi - Any local speaker repair places?

HypnoCoosh

I want to get my Snell Type E II speakers re-foamed and don;t want to risk messing them up myself.

Thanks!

Yep, I've done a few and have a set of EII's myself to do.
Start a conversation if you're interested and we can go from there.

Actually I see Botrytis offered to help and he's much closer, so you may want to give him a jingle first. He's good at this too. Refoams are quite easy if you are handy, but some of your comments in the other thread have me wondering if that is the issue. Botrytis certainly can troubleshoot the issue for you.

Last edited:
It's fine, and thanks for the good words. I'm just trying to fogure out the Royal Oak/South Lyon thing thing here though....

Looks like I found local place you don't want to use to refoam.

You peekin' through my front window again, takin' pictures?

tsk.gif

That blue painter's tape cost me a small fortune. And I had to ride my bike to Home Depot...my old bike, I might add. Legs are still tired from it.

Aside from joking, I halfheartedly have been wanting to see if I could get an entire woofer rebuilt. There is an intermittent signal through the voice coil--press the cone in, and I get the 4-ohm reading. Otherwise it reads as an open circuit. I have a feeling it was overdriven by a previous owner. My other plan--there are two drivers at Parts Express that might work in the small cabinet and give me better response. But, that would require some rework of the cabinetry.

Back
Top Bottom