Hello

purplecat

So I will tell the story of how I got here to folks who may understand it. 1973 had just moved back to states. At flea market in Oklahoma City I bought a 1939 Silvertone console tube radio. Strange purchase for a 19 y.o. but also got a .22 rifle. My Mom refinished the radio years later, it's very good looking. It followed me around for years until I decided to make it work. 2011. At same time started to refurbish a Teac A-4010s bought new in Tokyo. Much working and fumbling with both, with incredible help from lurking on Antiqueradio,Tapeheads,AK and more. A big thank you to all who take the time to share their knowledge. Anyway, got them both almost working, got sidetracked after 6 months and set them aside.
Returned to both projects Dec 2016. Radio actually works now, and sounds good with original speaker. Teac is sounding better than I ever remember. Re-Capped for fun. Perseverance and don't work on stuff when tired or not having fun is the lesson for me.
Now simple projects of replacing lights in Pioneer 650 and 3800. But broke a pot so new adventure. (see different thread)
Long enough. I also keep a 1973 Volvo wagon running, sort of hot-rodded. It's purple. As with many of you, I have a hard time junking good equipment and machines.
Nice to say hello. John

Hello John. Welcome to AK.
As a gear head, and a fan of Swedens greatest export, I'd love to see that vintage Volvo wagon. I'm a big fan of anything vintage, particularly automotive and audio.
Thor

Welcome to the AK site.

Great intro by the way.:thumbsup:

With your background, you'll be helping in no time as well asking.

Q

Back
Top Bottom