Help Identify A TV Movie: Psychologist fell in love with his patient?

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by travellersol, Dec 14, 2017.

1. travellersol

travellersol Active Member

Hi all, I watched a TV movie in the late 90s, a two-part tv movie which is set in period of art deco or the early twentieth century. Apparently a US program.......

A rich young girl is having some emotional/mental problem and hired a psychologist to help her. He devoted a lot of time and finally healed her, and, in the process, they fell in love. As a result, he gets to be with her wherever she goes, including all the high life associated with her. In one scene, a friend commented on the shirt that he wore, he replied, “I only wear the best.” It does not portray him as a greedy man though, it is just that he starts to live in a life with his rich and pretty patient.

Unfortunately, she found another guy and broke the relationship with him. He was in too deep, and still follows her and watches her with her new boy friend from a distance. When the new guy cautioned it to her, she just replied, “Don’t worry, it’s his job.” (or something like that). The ending scene is especially memorable: the close up of some leaves floating on the river, with a little bit of ripple or small waves bathed in the evening light.

The movie is set in a very tasteful mood, with a melancholic feel to it, very nice. I have only watched this once on TV in Malaysia, loved every bit of it, but remember nothing about its title nor names of any actors or the director. Would really appreciate if someone can lead me to find it.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. travellersol

anyone help?

3. soundmotor

soundmotor super modified Subscriber

Ah, a 90s film. I would have figured...50 Shades of Jung... otherwise

[​IMG]

4. Spitfirejoe

Spitfirejoe Cheap Audio Aficionado Subscriber

5. travellersol

thanks but no, it's not a thriller, nor a restricted programme. The mood and the period feels similar to The Great Gatsby--think Art Deco--, a very melancholic feel, very tasteful. More like a TV movie than a big screen one.

6. travellersol

Still waiting......

7. Chip Chester

Chip Chester Super Member

You might go nose around IMDB a bit...

Chip

8. Putterman

Putterman Super Member

It sounds like every Lifetime movie my wife watches, with the exception of the shrink not going apeshit about be dumped. In the Lifetime version, the new boyfriend would be oblivious and would get knocked out in the climactic scene while our heroine would fight off her attacker possibly with the help of a female detective who believes her, while nobody else does.

P.S. My wife just was looking over my shoulder as I wrote this and thought I was describing a movie she had seen before she realized it was a generic plotline.;)

9. travellersol

I tried there and many other places, but found not a clue....

10. travellersol

I don't know what Lifetime movie is all about..... The movie that I watch must be made prior to 1998, because I watched it in Malaysia public TV in early 1998. It's a movie with good taste, the period feels like early 20th century, the costume and architecture looks like the Art Deco style. It also feels more like a TV movie rather than a cinema movie. I really wish to find it and watch with my lovely together. Perhaps you can help me by asking your wife, maybe she might have watched it before?!

11. Putterman

Putterman Super Member

It was kind of a joke. Lifetime is a cable channel which tends to show women oriented programming, much of which are grade b movies where women are endangered by the men and sometimes the women in their lives, but are unable to get the men in their lives to believe them.

12. KiM3Ce

KiM3Ce AK Subscriber Subscriber