Help me out here....

Infinity nutcase.
Ok guys and girls your help is needed, here's what I have,

McIntosh 2105 Amplifier
Infinity Quantum 5 Speakers
MCS 6603 Turntable

An office with no music

I'm looking for an Am/Fm Reciever of vintage decent, brand does not matter. Here's what I'd like to do, use the 2105 for power and use the turntable. For a total of 4 components. I do not want to run separates any further than that the receiver, speakers, amp and turntable.

The kicker is budjet, I absolutely do not want to spend more than $100.....period. I've been to our vintage shop and I just don't need,want to spend $500 to $1,500 to get this done.

So fire away and give me some ideas or recommendations!

For $100 you might have a bit of a difficult time finding a receiver with pre outs to control your amp.
I'd keep a lookout for an Adcom preamp/tuner. These can be found for around $100 sometimes and are made exactly for what you're looking to do.
If you can lose the tuner without worry then you can also look out for a lower line Yamaha pre or a Kenwood basic for the price you want.

You could always sell the Mc amp and buy a heck of a nice integrated or receiver and not have to worry about mismatching components.

Well
Not the advice you are looking for but,
There is a vintage marantz 2220 with wood case asking price of $225 on your local Craigslist.

I know that's more than twice the budget but you would never lose a dime selling down the road.
The wood case is worth $150 by itself.

That's asking a lot for $100. You'l be lucky to find anything.

Adcom, NAD, Sony and Marantz have, in the past, made preamp/tuners but they aren't commonly available and, even if they are, finding one for < $100 would be akin to a miracle.

Keep an eye out on craigslist, ebay, or whatever is available. Just make sue it's got preamp outs and a phono stage. Other than that, I wouldn't be too picky.

Good luck.

Easy, just gear HK 330B, has what you need. Should be under a c-note cept on the bay but the sold ones are.

Go to ebay and search for
Vintage 1979 Audiophile NAD 7030 Stereo Receiver AM/FM Tuner - Phono Stage

I think it will definitely be easier to find a decent receiver to use in place of the Mac rather that with it.

Probably won't sound radically different in an office setting.

One suggestion... Try new. With phono inputs, Sony, Sherwood. Without phono inputs, where you will need additional phono preamp, Yamaha.

Thank you for the recommendations, Scored a nice NAD 7155 at the flea market today. And it's completely functional ;).

To the member that recommended the NAK, Thank you going to look into the model you suggested :beerchug:.

Back
Top Bottom