HELP! Volumio on a Mac mini - Can't Mount HDD

elcoholic

Jet Fuel Genius
Subscriber
I'm running Volumio (latest) on a Mac Mini with El Capitan from a USB stick and it boots and runs fine. I'm trying to use the mini's internal HDD for my library. I tried installing Volumio on the hard drive and it worked for a day on my bench. I moved the mini to my audio system and couldn't get it to boot. I had to go back to square , reformat the HDD and reinstall El Capitan which was a PITA. The folder is shared and I can access it with my MacBook Pro using finder under network/john's Mac mini/mini/users/jko/music. Try as I might I can't get this folder to mount it once running Volumio. I could use a step by step guide to do this as I'm a total beginner.

Yes I've been trying everything I could find there to no avail. Just posted this cry for help there as well. :(

Perhaps, but then again underneath it all it's Linux based/friendly so it should work. Maybe?

:) And there you went way past my very limited grasp of the subject. I've scaled the Apple garden wall and feel so exposed outside of it.

Last edited:
I decided to go ahead and install Volume on the hard drive which removes the Apple OS. Coping my FLAC library over an ethernet cable from my MackBook Pro to the Volumio server formerly know as a Mac Mini. 40gb down and 310gb to go. Should be about an hour vs. 7 doing it over wifi.

Just to close this out I decided to stick with OSX and try Audirvana. Volumino wasn't reliable booting on the mac platform.

Back
Top Bottom