Help with Static in Speakers

ODB

i have a Pioneer sx1010 that sat unused for about 20 years at my parents house. I recently discovered it and it works fine except that there is static when changing the volume or balance. Sometimes this also results in one speaker cutting out completly. Someone suggested to me a while back a cleaning product to clean dust inside the unit on a specific part but I lost that info. If someone would be so kind as to describe the cleaning process and what to use, I would appreciate it.

Best stuff I've found is Caig De-Ox-It. Just worked over the controls on an Eico HF-20 monoblock, and it's AMAZING how much gunk just melted off the pots. With a blowgun, it's twice as effective. It's like $10 a can, but you'll do it once and do it right.

Stuff is available from Parts Express, don't forget to click the banner on the bottom of the page when you visit/order :)

3 cans of DeOxit and one can of the Lube. You need to lube after you clean but it doesn't take as much. Put a towel or something under your piece and wait a day to plug it in.

3 cans of DeOxit
He won't need 3 cans just for one receiver though. Just want to make sure he understands that. I can't imagine what would happen if you sprayed 3 cans worth in one unit. :p:

One can of Deoxit is enough to do many many many receivers. I'm sure a little lubrication wouldn't hurt either, don't really know. That's Thors area of expertise.

Dave

Last edited:
Whatta messin' with the Pioneer for? The static is in the bloody speakers!!

Call the exorcist! :arrow:

I'll rephrase: After cleaning the pots, switches, etc on the unit with the Caig Deoxit you will need to put a bit of the Caig Lube spray on everything you cleaned. Over the long haul you will use up around 3 or more cans of Deoxit to every can of Lube you use. Parts Express also has a $20 minimum purchase so you might as well get 3 cans of Deoxit and one can of the Lube when you order.

Back
Top Bottom