Help with Step Down Transformer 120v to 100v

cnyel1967

Having a bit of a brain cramp and don't want to mess this up. I have a 100v Japanese version piece of equipment that I want to convert down from 120v. I purchased a step down transformer (pictures attached) and I want to make sure settings are correct prior to turning everything on. The front switch is in the 120v "step down" position, which I believe is correct but my main question is on the back where the unit will plug in. Does the 100v unit plug into the 120v line or 100v line? Any advise is appreciated!

Attachments

• June 6-4-17 011.JPG
    June 6-4-17 011.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 47
  • June 6-4-17 012.JPG
    June 6-4-17 012.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 43
I know I’m bring this back from the dead, but hey at least I used the search function.

I also bought Japanese equipment a C-73 and a M-73 to be exact. I know the backs of the amp and preamp have sockets on the back. Is it in poor form to get one step down transformer plug one Piece of equipment into that, than plug the other piece of equipment into the first one? Or is it better to have a transformer for each? If it is ok to daisy chain, is their an ideal order?
i.e. preamp->amp->transformer->wall socket

It's fine to plug multiple pieces in to one step down as long as the transformer has enough capacity to run everything.

I ended up with a buck setup to run my Japanese market stuff. A moderate sized transformer can run some heavy loads running in a buck configuration.

Back
Top Bottom