Help with Strange MX-110z issue

Treyphan

Hello all,

So I recently acquired a minty MX-110z, as well as a second MC-240. Pretty much my dream system.

So I replaced the front faceplate lights and film yesterday. As this was the only issue with ti. The MPX and Tuning Inicator Light/Tube work great. The old lights had actually melted and disfigured the glass of the bulb. Also the color was completely gone on the area of the film that the light shiined through. Not burnt, just perfectly clear....weird. Anyway.

My issue with the independent gain pots on the Top, I believe only the "Z" had these. Well while I was in there and had the case off, I decided to try a lower gain setting, to see if my experience matched that of others, where the sound was changed with lower gain settings. Well the weird thing is, on both Phono 1 and Phono 2 sets of gain pots, the left control does NOTHING, and the right control CHANGES BOTH. So while it still sounds great, and the channels are both adjusted in unison, Im wondering why the left does nothing on both, and why the right controls both. I can adjust the balance control and its works as it should.

Im running the 240's strapped, so 80 or so watts to each side. If that matters.

Thanks in advance!!!

AHAHAHHAA SOLVED........ Way to early to be listening for me I guess, shouldnt post til after I have coffee....lol. Turns out, the Stereo selector switch was all the way to the left. Not on stereo, but the L L>R setting. All's good in Mcintosh Land!

Mods, you can delete this if you want. I wasnt sure how, and figured I can poke fun at myself. Others may enjoy it!! Wow, cant believe that one. Yikes

Glad to hear you got this figured out.

Why not leave the post here to help any others who might have a similar experience?

AHAHAHHAA SOLVED........ Way to early to be listening for me I guess, shouldnt post til after I have coffee....lol. Turns out, the Stereo selector switch was all the way to the left. Not on stereo, but the L L>R setting. All's good in Mcintosh Land!
. Yikes
Switches can mess you up sometimes. Slides switches , especially.

Back
Top Bottom