Heresy & KG4 Ohm Question

Steveomatic

Hello, I have a question I hope someone can help me with. I have a pair of Heresy's and a pair of KG'4's that I am using with a Sansui 9090db. The Heresy's are going through speaker "A" and the KG'4's are going through speaker "B".

The KG'4s say they are 4ohm and the Heresy's are 8ohm. Will there be a problem using these together? It does seem like the Heresy's are louder when I have all four speakers on at the same time using the selector knob set to speakers "A/B". I wish there was a way to turn speaker "B" up louder than speaker "A" to even out the volume.

Thanks ahead of time for all information!

Which generation of Heresy?
The Heresy "I" is nominally 8 ohm but in fact their minimum impedance is 10.2 ohm at about 140Hz...

HeresyImpedance.jpg

Hello, I have a question I hope someone can help me with. I have a pair of Heresy's and a pair of KG'4's that I am using with a Sansui 9090db. The Heresy's are going through speaker "A" and the KG'4's are going through speaker "B".

The KG'4s say they are 4ohm and the Heresy's are 8ohm. Will there be a problem using these together? It does seem like the Heresy's are louder when I have all four speakers on at the same time using the selector knob set to speakers "A/B". I wish there was a way to turn speaker "B" up louder than speaker "A" to even out the volume.

Thanks ahead of time for all information!
No the sensitivity of the Heresy's are greater than the KG4's The only way to balance properly is with a db meter and placing speakers on separate amps. Using both speakers on the amp will not harm the amp as long as you do not drive the amp into clipping. Always read the owners manual. It will recommend how and what to hook up to the speaker terminals.

Yes, check the manual. A pair of 4 ohm and a pair of 8 ohm in parallel, driven simultaneously will be a 2.6 ohm load though, which is generally a bad idea even if the receiver is rated to handle 4 ohm loads. However, some receivers put multiple sets in SERIES rather than parallel, which in this case would be a 12 ohm load so no problem. Check the manual. Sometimes the back of the receiver will have it printed.

Back
Top Bottom