Hey everyone

gmctavish

I've been poking around on here for a few years now, I've found tons of useful info that has helped me learn more about audio gear, so I figured I should finally introduce myself and my setups. I'm from Burnaby, BC, beside Vancouver. I grew up with music on almost all the time, from my parents old cheap Akai receiver, running a pair of unknown speakers. When I was about 13 or 14, my dad bought a new Yamaha receiver, and a pair of Athena tower speakers that I can't remember the model of. At the time, that might have been the best home stereo I'd ever heard, and I was pretty much hooked. Since then I've gone through several different stages of vintage audio systems thrown together, but to keep this into post relatively short, I'll stick to the stuff I'm running now.

My current computer/kitchen stereo is a pair of PSB 40MKIIs driven by an Electra EDS-299, which I know almost nothing about, but it sounds brilliant.

sbzeooarjnsjwhqlqs0a.jpg

Before I got the little Electra, I was running the PSBs with a Sansui 210.
This is an older photo when I was running Realistic Optimus 800Cs.

db43yhpmnkendq47uuyk.jpg

This is my usual living room setup. Infinity Kappa 7.1 i's, bi-amped with a Sansui 9090DB and a Dynaco ST-70. Nikko Beta 50II preamp, and the TT is a Sansui SR-929.

x9b1h1bcdjbjhc1bduk0.jpg

i0dooephwow8inrsz90z.jpg

z2ei6k2rw7rxwhfaufiy.jpg

Lately I've been driving the Infinitys with just the Sansui, and using the Dynaco to run a pair of Dynaco A25s that I picked up to see what Dynacos run by a Dynaco sound like.

noibcox2wz8gcludxboz.jpg

So that's about it. I look forward to talking with all you people.

Back
Top Bottom