Hey folks....old newbie here so....

bhs72

...get ready for some really dumb questions :D

I'm starting my first vintage stereo system after finding a pair of Bozak 302A Urban speakers in a second hand store. I've discovered they were built in 1963 after researching them the best I could.They absolutely put to shame what I was listening to before. I'd like some advice on which 1970's amps or receivers to consider for clarity at low to moderate volume. I'm sure I'll have plenty of :boring: questions so please bear with me.
Thanks, Donny

Hey Donny,

Nice to have you. You just asked one the most favorite questions for these guys to answer! What '70s amp or receiver.

I'd say anything Sansui.

Welcome to AK!
Carl

Welcome aboard! Yamaha amplification is definitely what those Bozak's need to make them sing ;)

Back in 1970 my oldest brother brought back a top flight Sansui & Akai system from his tour in Thailand. I was 16 yrs old & got to play with it some-while he wasn't there of course-before he married & moved out. A couple of years later it was stolen.

Welcome to AK, Donny! :music:

While I'm partial to Yamaha power, the beautiful thing about this hobby is that patience and knowledge can yield you a whole stable of amps inexpensively so you can try them out and discover what it is you like in vintage amps!

(They're pretty easy to get rid of when you're done, too... :D )

Welcome to AK. I got started on the vintage bug and AK because of some garage sale KLH Model Fives.

Welcome, Donny! What them Bozaks want is tubes- that's what they were made for. Get yourself a good restored Eico HF-81. But if you must go SS, I recommend any good brand of receiver or amp that has some tubelike softness- maybe an older HK or Sansui (only from what I've heard, as I don't have any Sansui myself.) It might be fun playing an Advent 300 through them.

But if it were me, I'd hook them up to my Leak Delta 70 and see what they can really do ;)

Back
Top Bottom