Hey MikE, Did you get my e-mail?

TIC

MikE,

I sent you e-mail about a SET amp/HE speaker get together near my house in Cincinnati. Did you get it? Let me know if you are interested.

Sorry to butt in on the forum, but I thought you might be interested since there will be at least 5-6 different SETs and even more HE speakers there. Also, some "interesting" guest!

Let me know if you got the e-mail.

Enjoy,

TIC

Yes, I did

I'm checking my schedule as we speak. If I do come, I'll definately bring the Moth amp, the Sidewinder pc and my tube caddy. You can "butt in" anytime as I'll delete the thread at a later date. MikE

WOW!!!

Gonefishin,

Wow! That is a great price for those. The Ref. 3A website says $6900 list!

GF, have you heard these? What were they using to drive them? Is this an easy load like the Ref. 3A MM De Capo? Are the fronts Corian?

BTW, where is this dealer located?

Thanks,

TIC

TIC...the L'INTEGRAL's at the audio shop are not the newest current model...the ones for sale retailed for $3,995.00...however, they are in good shape.

I believe the fronts are corian...and the place where I heard them (a couple times) doesn't usually have them set up in a room...they have several rooms...and speakers go in and out when people want to listen to a certain brand with a certain amp...that way you aren't listening to speakers that are next to speakers that are next to speakers...etc.

I have heard them powered by both a 2A3 amp and a 300B amp...they sounded pretty good with the 300B...and the 2A3 actually powered them nicely (I'm not a big fan of the 2A3...but it did seem to power them fine)

Before I started looking into horns I listened to these speakers...while they did sound good...and quite attractive looking...I liked the sound of the Coincident Super Eclipse better (if you can get these placed good in your room).

Hope this helps...oh...the shop is a little south of Chicago.

Thanks

Gonefishin,

Thanks for the info. I'm actually going to hear 6-7 high effeciency speakers on Nov. 2-3. I'm waiting until then to make any moves. My Bottlehead Paramours arrive next week and it will probably take a couple of weeks to build them as I plan on doing a nice job of finishing the wood, etc.

So, the 2A3 Paramous will be my starting point. I'll also get a chance to hear several SET amps on Nov 2-3. Should be enlightening!

Enjoy,

TIC

Back
Top Bottom