Hey...what was the very first movie you ever viewed?

Quadman2

Lunatic Member
Got to thinking bout what was the very first encounter with the silver screen...and the earliest one I could come up with was Bambi. Man, I cried out my eyes on that one!

Disney tried to smooth things out by the dad doing his monologue thing at the the end...but, I didn't buy it!

So, thought to ask what was the earliest movie you could come up with that stuck with you though the years.

Q

The first movie I saw in a theatre was Johnny Tremaine.
My older brother Ed took me.

Last edited:
The first movie I remember seeing was Roger Corman's 'The Fall of the House of Usher' with my Mom and Dad at a local drive-in.

I remember Bambi, I cried when the evil hunter kill his father. Don’t think I didn’t remember that when I was hunting deer myself. But I really remember the teasers for the horror movies that scared me so bad I crawled under the seats at the theater. Yes I was 8 years old in 1960 and I could do that. There is one in particular that terrified me. All I can remember is a black-n-white movie. It was at night, of course, a lady hears something comes out of her 2nd floor bedroom makes it to the head of the stairs looks down and screamed, I was under the seat .00005 of a second later. I sure wish I could figure out what movie that was because I would love to actually watch it. I vaguely remember the narrator intoning something about a brain eating monster.

Last edited:
Hey
I don't think it was the first,but the wizard of oz.
Man that movie scared the crap out of me. Or more precisely them damn flying monkeys.
There is no way you can get away from a flying monkey. Eric

The Lion King is the first movie I remember watching in the theater. I came out and as we were walking to the car, I started sobbing. When my mom asked what was wrong, I said, "Is... Is my little brother going to throw me off a cliff?"

Memory's a bit fuzzy on it... Dad dragged me down to the art theater in downtown Cincy to see 2001 A Space Odyssey. My parents were weird; they weren't into sports at all (tough for a kid who was interested), but they'd let us watch damn near any adult-level movie.

Earliest one I can remember from my crumb cruncher days was Jason & the Argonauts.
My Mother always told the story of how I stood up at the end and gave the show a
standing ovation.

Last edited:
Windjammer (1958)

It was the only film to be shot in the widescreen Cinemiracle process, which came with a seven-track stereophonic soundtrack

Saw it in Graumans Chinese Theater in Hollywood.

Tall_ship_Christian_Radich_under_sail.jpg

I really don't know for certain. I was fond of the Disney film The Jungle Book at a really young age, so I must have seen it in the theater when it came out (hence, too young to really remember it). I had the Disney record, though, and played it often.

I could have sworn there was a sequel film called More Jungle Book, but I see now that it was just the record and read-along book to gauge interest in a follow-up movie. As it sold so poorly, any idea to turn it into a film was dropped. It also featured Phil Harris as Baloo and Louis Prima as King Louie, and it had a couple of cool songs on it.

Back
Top Bottom