HH Scott LK-48B $150, Cincinatti

Cincinnati. One N, two Ns, one T. Not that I'm from there or anything.

So the Scott amp... looks clean on the face but no case?

Lots of Scott gear of that vintage was sold without cases. My concern would be the ambiguity about the tubes; maybe it's just bad writing. To say it "works great" he has to have the full complement of tubes. Otherwise seems to be up-front about the issues it has.

$150 is fine for this unless all three transformers are dead. If it were local I'd buy it without question.

Now comes with the tubes. Working tube amp for $150? No brainer.
HH Scott LK-48-B stereo tube pre/power amp - $150 (Morrow)

image 6 of 8
00X0X_5BwDHHwqxQn_600x450.jpg

00i0i_ggMmpESXClR_600x450.jpg

00d0d_dK7gJzfKdWf_600x450.jpg

00H0H_2rKyPfXYceJ_600x450.jpg

00V0V_kF4sVDoRx75_600x450.jpg

00909_hzN0g7013oV_600x450.jpg

00606_c7UTzcS8DVP_600x450.jpg

00N0N_1GrE5laVFUr_600x450.jpg

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)

make / manufacturer: HH Scott
model name / number: LK-48-B

more ads by this user

Late 60's or early 70's HH Scott LK-48B stereo pre/power amp. I'd guess this to be capable of about 15W per side, based on the fact that is uses 4 7189 (aka EL84 or 6BQ5) power tubes.
Mix of other preamp and rectifier tubes. Comes with a couple of tubes, and I can probably dig up enough to fill it out for a full priced buy or good trade. It works great, sounds great. Only possible malfunction is the balance knob doesn't move. Feels like it's not supposed to, and I didn't push it, because I didn't want to break anything.

EDIT: At the request of a potential buyer, I found the tubes to fill it out, so it will come with a full set. Tested and working as of this morning.

Incorporate this into your vintage hi fi setup, or convert it to something else. I also have a crude but functional wood cabinet that came with it which I will include if the buyer wants it.
Open to trades for turntables, especially manual or semi auto; cassette decks; also guitar gear.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Please someone take that before I plan a road trip to pick it up along with that lovely set of stereo cabinets.

When you are selling vintage gear, it is best to leave your roll of electrical tape out of the photos :). :)

Back
Top Bottom