Hi all. Just here to learn music and STEM is life right now

is self taught electronics engineering possible?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ashe

hi again :)

as the subject says im here to learn. we love music and were using it to engage us and the kids in STEM(science tech engineering and math). I suppose you could loosely say that if all remains moving forward we will learn from troubleshooting on-to, as we mature, build our own double mono block stereo system. 100% designed and build by us.

my experience is 80% hands off(but literally hundreds of hours of focused attentive absorbtion). im here to change that. reading forums and youtube has been my main source of education. especially mr. carlsons lab, mathtutorDVD, louiss rossman, and ElectroBOOM and MANY MANY OTHERS. now that i have my mind wrapped around the whole thing i have successfully fixed a Sansui 9090DB but it was easy and it was easy to find someone to basically tell me everything. i want to put my knowledge into action but there is a barrier. almost no hands on experience; everything still looks like spaghetti for the most part.. my solution? :) I found an akai AM-A402 that doesnt work and i cant find a damn thing on the internet about it! please feel free to ask about it. i do want to talk about this and other akai. there is hardly any information on akai in general. makes me feel good even if its something nobody wants or knows about.

im also here for your knowledge and conversation in general. i love life and humans and what we can do. i believe were among the first beings to ponder life beyond us and we can be such a beautiful example.

thank you :)
ashe

Welcome to AK. Regarding you poll question. Anything is possible but it is a stretch to say engineering, electronic theory on the other hand is doable.
Engineering to me implies design which is more of a stretch.

Welcome!! and nice to read about your interest in STEM disciplines. AK in particular is a great resource for most of us that have an interest in electronics, sound, vibration, etc....there is a lot of knowledge in this forum and the AK search tools and community involvement are top notch.

I had to vote no on your poll because although it is true that you can self learn a lot of things (including some engineering technologies) the learning path thru mentors, courses and other traditional programs is still the more efficient route for now. If you are motivated and curious a mentorship, a course or a degree will not be end of the learning; in fact it will only give you more confidence and tools to keep growing in your particular field.

Welcome!! and nice to read about your interest in STEM disciplines. AK in particular is a great resource for most of us that have an interest in electronics, sound, vibration, etc....there is a lot of knowledge in this forum and the AK search tools and community involvement are top notch.

I had to vote no on your poll because although it is true that you can self learn a lot of things (including some engineering technologies) the learning path thru mentors, courses and other traditional programs is still the more efficient route for now. If you are motivated and curious a mentorship, a course or a degree will not be end of the learning; in fact it will only give you more confidence and tools to keep growing in your particular field.
ya i feel that way too. i figured it would be good to get you guys to engage with me. i really hope to find a mentor. sorta my secret reason for signing up! never been an active forum goer until now

Back
Top Bottom