Hi from California, somewhat new to audiophilia

Classical was the first genre I liked :) My parents introduced it to me when I was a little kid and I've loved it ever since.

This genre is an acquired taste which takes time to both appreciate and select which type of sub type you like the most. So glad that your parents had the presence of mind to foster an interest in the classic works.

There are other modern material that aligns itself to a semi-classic approach such as The Alan Parson's Experiment with his "Poe's" compositions, Magna Carta's "Seasons" a blend of poetry and music, and some of The Moody Blues' efforts that border on the classic sound. Don't feel strapped to the strict adherence of this genre. You may want to stray into the world of quasi modern as well.

Thanks for your share. As of late I'm attempting to get my older daughter into this world of serious music. Something that I should have done a lot earlier. She is indoctrinated with the rock music of 60's/70's which she prefers to recent modern,:D and just starting to like some Mozart, Bach, Chopin.

Have great listening,:music:

Q

Last edited:
Thanks. :) I didn't mean to imply that I only listen to classical. From an audiophile perspective, yes, that's the main genre I care about since 99% of my records are classical and this is the only genre where I make an effort to obtain lossless files, but I listen to plenty of non-classical in my digital library, much of it falling under the category of "indie" or "electronica" (and most of it from 2000 and later).

Thanks. :) I didn't mean to imply that I only listen to classical. From an audiophile perspective, yes, that's the main genre I care about since 99% of my records are classical and this is the only genre where I make an effort to obtain lossless files, but I listen to plenty of non-classical in my digital library, much of it falling under the category of "indie" or "electronica" (and most of it from 2000 and later).

Eclectic is good! Some paint themselves into a sound corner...which is their game. Each to their own, eh?

Q

California is a great place for classical - everyone is chasing rock and jazz to the point the
prices are skyrocketing - imagine $12 for a crap LP. meanwhile, collections of classical
are 1000 individual LPs for about $100.

for me the pleasure is that 10 copies of Beethoven's 9th are so different whereas 10 copies
of Aja are the same. then there are those who buy rock LPs based on dead wax scratchings.
and the same copy from Japanese, German, English pressings.

this world is simply amazing and everyone should enjoy the music.

Back
Top Bottom