Hi from Northumberland.

Dryewater

Just wanted to say hello :)

I'm new (as a contributor) to the AK site, but not to a passion for home audio.

Looking forward to reading, learning and enhancing my understanding of how to get the best out of my music collection :)

Cheers,

Steve

Last edited:
Hi D,Its a friendly place.Hope you enjoy yourself here.

Thanks - I've read the forum for years and although I joined sometime back I wanted to say hello properly.

I find the info herein invaluable when researching my next vintage purchase.

It's a superb resource for sure.

I guess this is the place to introduce my system, i have a limited budget but I'm proud of my vintage silver faced Pioneer powered system - as an aside I've just got hold of my first Hitachi vintage turntable: a superb (exceptional condition) HT50(s) - here's hoping it sounds okay when I hook it up next week :)

I think most on here are on a limited budget for one reason or another however they have some fabulous Thrift/Recycler scores and some fabulous threads on restorations of amps and such. Just make sure you're not lured in by the compulsive gear hording disorder bug... ;-)

Thanks for that - my other half (darling wife) controls the impulse to over indulge ;)

I'll be moving on my previous TT and the cycle continues...

At only 36 with two young kids and the rest... I can only afford relative bargains and certainly not any audiophile gear!

I reckon this late 70s hitachi quartz lock direct drive will suit me fine :)

Hi to everyone (again), wanted to share my latest purchase - the newish Pioneer floor standers are out and it's in with the old... As Hitachi seems to have no home herein :(

... My word do my (late 70s?) SS 8480G MKIIs blow everything I've heard away...

Simply awesome :)

Beautiful too, and all for £35.

IMG_2553.JPG IMG_2554.JPG

Back
Top Bottom