foo.kamikaze

@Page { margin: 0.79in } p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120% }

Hi my name is Tom.

I live in Forest Lake, MN. Forest Lake is about 30 minutes north of Saint Paul and Minneapolis near the merger of 35W-N and 35E-N. I live in a humble townhome with my wife, enjoying our empty nest. Two of our three children are recent college graduates, and another is near completion of her degree.

I’m an IT guy working for a company that provides, installs, and repairs computers for the state of Minnesota.

My interest in music began in high school. I did not learn to play an instrument, nor did I learn to read music. I simply enjoy what I enjoy hearing. My ex gifted me a pair of Bose 901 direct/reflecting speakers she bought at the Navy Exchange. I loved them, and my friends envied me. Years passed, I sold them, and set aside my audio interests.

Recently, my desire to enjoy music rekindled, and I began my search for a quality 2-channel stereo. I did not know how difficult this would be. I searched audio forums, like Audiokarma, and learned that the sweet, warm sound I was looking for could be found in vintage audio equipment I enjoyed as a child.

I bought several Marantz (22XX) stereos and several more Pioneer (SX-X3X, and SX-XX50) stereos. Finally, I decided a Pioneer SX-1010, and Pioneer SX-850 were keepers. The SX-1010 is my primary, and the SX-850 is my back up. I connected a pair of Klipsch Heresy II speakers (with Bob Crites upgrades) and let them sing.

I’ve attached pics of my equipment.

Proud to be a new member! Thank you!

IMG_1047 copy.jpg IMG_1046 copy.jpg

Hi Tom and welcome to AK! Those Pioneer’s are very beautiful! Love your Klipsch too!:thumbsup: Enjoy your audio journey!

Back
Top Bottom