Hi, My name is John and I'm an audioholic.

retrex

Hi all, new member checking in.

Current stuff;
Luxman R-117 receivers, one working, one a nice light show
Luxman D-375 CD player
Luxman K110W cassette deck
Bang & Olufsen 5500 CD player
Bang & Olufsen 1800 turntable, in need of a cart
Phillips GA312 and GA212 turntables
Stax 12S preamp, headphone power amp
Stax SR5 headphones
Magnepan 1.4 speakers

More on how I got here to come if anyone has an interest.

We'll cure you of your problem by making you feel good about your behavior!
Welcome.:wave:

You will fit right in here!
Regards,
Jim

Around here, that's considered 'normal' (whatever that is :D).

Welcome to AK. Embrace the madness :yes:.

AA meeting Part 1

Hello all and thank you for making me feel welcome and for helping me to gain back my life and self respect.

I would like to start off by saying that I had been clean and audio free for 32 years before I fell off the wagon. No components, no music, no recorded media at all. Just talk radio.

Years ago I was a heavy user. All the usual junkie stuff. Yamaha, Klipsch, AR, Sansui, Dynaco, BIC, Phillips, Scott, Thorens, Infinity Black Widow, ADC, KEF, Pickering, Phase Linear, Dalhquist etc. etc.. I am ashamed to say that at one time I even had a LLoyds 8 track stereo player.

I was out of control. I was spending all on my time researching, reading, and dreaming about stereo components. I would spend hours at audio stores begging for them to let me take stuff home to try it out, promising to pay them for it if I liked what I heard. I was even buying and selling the stuff to my freinds and to total strangers. I wanted nothing more than to sit in front of the speaker dejour and get lost in that sweet sound. Then one day I hit rock bottom. I purchased my second new pair of Klipsch Heresey speakers, just a few short months after I had sold my original pair after deciding that they were just to hard to listen to. Right then and there I realized I had to make the choice, audio or life. It took all my will but I was able to ween myself off the sound. I got clean and stayed that way until just recently.

Gotta stop for now, jonesing for some Pink Floyd, Dark Side, before the rains.

More on how I fell off the wagon in AA meeting Part 2.

Hello all and thank you for making me feel welcome and for helping me to gain back my life and self respect.
More on how I fell off the wagon in AA meeting Part 2.

There is much to learn from your experience. Looking forward to Part 2.

Back
Top Bottom