Hi, new here

Tommh

I am a retired electronics tech worked in design development of new products and prototying.
I started at John Fluke mfg after my 4 yrs of military service. worked at other companies and finishing at lockheed Martin working on high powered fiber optic lasers.
I have a Sanyo plus 75 am fm stereo amp I bought new, worked the last time I turned it on.
It has the vacuum fluorescent display for frequency which I thought was so cool.
I bought a factory service manual for it and I saw the part number for the power amp module.
Ebay turned up a couple so I bought them for insurance. Then I saw the pcb heatsink plate kit and bought one of those. Pretty simple to build. I would stake in some terminals for the wires to solder to so you don't beat up the board, installing and removal.
I do have the professional tools to build and work on the kits.
Would possibly entertain assembling some for a fee.
my concern is the heat sink plates are not very smooth for heat transfer. They should be surface with a milling fly cutter for a nice mirror smooth surface for maximum heat transfer.
I agree a nice attempt at a surface mount pcb /configuration would be interesting.

Welcome to AK, and for wasting no time at all getting seriously deep in the weeds discussing what sounds like an interesting project.

John

Welcome to AK, and for wasting no time at all getting seriously deep in the weeds discussing what sounds like an interesting project.

John
Thank you!
I am also interested and .in vintage test equipment and early vacuum tube radios, mostly RCA. Really like the Radiola 16,18,and 60 superhet.
I have all of the Fluke test equipment that I dreamed about when working there!

How's your expertise with the 6070A RF generator? Any words of wisdom for getting one back up and running?

John

John
Greetings to ya!

Rome
6070 RF generator? What brand?
I have a Fluke 6060B RF generator does everything you want 200KC to 1 GHZ if I remember correctly.
I would try and look for a service manual on ebay for your generator first.
Hope that helps.-

Fluke 6070A - I think, either that or a 6071A - I'll have to check the model but it's one of those two. Very similar to your 6060B.

Mine was working ok but I believe it has faults now in both the output protection area, and the frequency generator area. Originally started showing UNCAL if you moved the mod frequency very far away from 1K, and eventually failed where it won't switch ont he RF output any more. I have the manuals so not entirely clueless about it, but don't have a good idea of what to look for in terms of typical old age failures on these. Any tips would be awesome! I can retrieve the displayed failure codes too, don't recall them offhand as it's been off my bench for almost a year now.

Cheers,

John

Fluke 6070A - I think, either that or a 6071A - I'll have to check the model but it's one of those two. Very similar to your 6060B.

Mine was working ok but I believe it has faults now in both the output protection area, and the frequency generator area. Originally started showing UNCAL if you moved the mod frequency very far away from 1K, and eventually failed where it won't switch ont he RF output any more. I have the manuals so not entirely clueless about it, but don't have a good idea of what to look for in terms of typical old age failures on these. Any tips would be awesome! I can retrieve the displayed failure codes too, don't recall them offhand as it's been off my bench for almost a year now.

Cheers,

John
I am not familiar with that one. Best I could suggest is to buy another one for parts and try swapping out sub-assemblies usually you can get one
good unit out of two unless there is a common high fault probability area or sub-assembly.
I wish you good luck these RF generators are sweet pieces of gear. The 6060B I got was Navy contract model if I remember correctly.
Right now I am trying to get a Sanyo Plus 75 up and running for spare parts for my own which I bought new in 1980.
There are a couple of 6070's up on ebay. Start a search and be patient.

Back
Top Bottom