Hi - new member - quick Q re <$1K living room system

Dirk77

Hi - I'm in DC ... not furloughed at the moment (thank goodness), and looking to do my version of decorating in the family living room. It's a decent sized room (16x20?) that I'd like to put two channel audio into. (No TV in the room, this system is strictly for music, but it isn't my main system ... just dinner music and entertaining.)

I'd like unobtrusive, small footprint speakers. Probably bookshelves (monitors?) on stands. For sourcing and amplification, willing to be a little more flashy ... something like Rotel 1412 or a Marantz 22xx receiver is the look I'm after. Sources -- FM and Sonos Connect (which I already have).

Would love some recommendations for IA/receiver & speaker pairings.

Thanks!

Welcome, this is the introduction forum, and your ? would garner better views and answers in the General Audio Discussions forum.

Howdy, I'm in DC too (well, work in DC, live in Bethesda)... Anyhow, there's a bunch of decent stuff locally on craigslist, letgo and the facebook marketplace. I think it all depends on what you want to spend and what you deem "unobtrusive."

Have fun hunting, and keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom