HiFiBerry Announces New Models

HiFiBerry

Howdy, folks.

Just wanted to share a quick post on two new product announcements as a follow-on to our introduction the other day.

Our AMP2 board is an improved version of our ever-popular AMP+ board, boasting 10 extra peak watts of power (up to 60WPC) and a lower MSRP at $44.90 which is about $15 less than our previous pricing. Great for making "smart" self-powered speakers.

We are also proud to announce our partnership with Bang & Olufsen with our BeoCreate board. A higher end solution to revitalizing legacy equipment, the BeoCreate unit can be used with or without a Raspberry Pi, and incorporates DSP technology.
board-transparent-e1504552715479-640x584.png

very cool, it will be interesting how the AMP2 matches up against lepai/Tripath based amps that seem to be king of value. The integration of the DAC is what I think is killer for the price

I think the revitalization of vintage speakers with active DSP & amplification is awesome.. but it seems to me like the B&O offering will be extremely niche, would like to see DSP correction & amplification for other speakers. ie: EPI 100s, large advents, vintage infinity, etc

not sure whats going on behinds the scenes with B&O involvement in hifiberry but I think some ICEpower rpi based class D amps would be killer!!

Also FWIW, us audio heads resent "peak" ratings. Just give us a wattage RMS value per channel

Back
Top Bottom