High End Turntables

I found the suspension system annoying as well as the lead shot weights. I'm not into stuff that requires tweaks.

Am curious - what caused you to need to do tweaks to the suspension? Were you changing tonearms frequently? I haven't had to make any changes to mine, but I've left the same arm on it since I put it together, so I wouldn't expect it to need any adjustment.

Am curious - what caused you to need to do tweaks to the suspension? Were you changing tonearms frequently? I haven't had to make any changes to mine, but I've left the same arm on it since I put it together, so I wouldn't expect it to need any adjustment.

The main frustration, for me, was ensuring that the table was level. Adjusting the springs was way more than my OCD personality wanted to deal with. I think the fact that it's a hung suspension design added to the frustration.

This is a show and tell thread and I just had a administrator clean up the thread one page back for thread crapping and members trolling for arguments. Start your own thread if you like trolling, this one is not for you. Well unless you have something to show that is on topic.

Last edited:
This is a show and tell thread and I just had a administrator clean up the thread one page back for thread crapping and members trolling for arguments. Start your one thread if you like trolling, this one is not for you. Well unless you have something to show that is on topic.
You talking to me....

This is a show and tell thread and I just had a administrator clean up the thread one page back for thread crapping and members trolling for arguments. Start your own thread if you like trolling, this one is not for you. Well unless you have something to show that is on topic.
Our mods rock!

Looking forward to adding a Thorens 124 to the thread soon

Kind of like VPIs. I am just scared off from the arms they use and everything I read from cart manufacturers and others on set up. I have a C Sharp on the way to replace my Debut Carbon...and it looks easy enough to work with...

I had one and didn't keep it long. I found the suspension system annoying as well as the lead shot weights. I'm not into stuff that requires tweaks. To know they are setup right they really need to go back to Sota .........

Kind of like VPIs. I am just scared off from the arms they use...
Don't know if its still the case, but I purchased my Scout sans arm. I use a Souther TQ-1 / Dynavector DV20 with 300 RPM motor and Phoenix Eagle power supply.

scout2015.jpg

EAT C Sharp arrived. 1st listen just over. Pleased. Need to go run an hour, then I'll spin a few more tonight.
Nice! I believe I may have seen one of EAT's turntables at AXPONA in 2016. Interesting heritage behind the company.

I'd love to get my hands on an EAT Forté...

My latest table started life as a Rega RP6 with Rega Exact MM cartridge. New was @ $2K CDN. Coming previously from a Denon DD c/with a Dynavector Ruby Karat first impressions were less then enthusiastic. Decent, but lacking the same sparkle. Selected the Rega based on good reviews. Which of course have nothing to do with ad revenue. :rolleyes:

Luckily Rega's have this amazing aftermarket support. You can upgrade every single part. First I replaced the subplatter with a beautiful precision machined job c/w sapphire thrust plate and ceramic bearing from Groovetracer. Then added a SRM silent base sub plinth which isolates the motor and adds leveling feet. Next precision pulley and dual silicone belts from Tangospinner which corrected the off speed. Final piece of the jigsaw being a new micrometer arm c/w silver litz from AudioMods. Doubled in cost now but substantially better and ready to support a decent cartridge.

Decent cartridge as in a Kiseki Purpleheart NS. Simply stunning.

RP6_Kiseki.JPG

Last edited:
Only TT I would like to have is a Sota Sapphire but that will never happen and I don't have many years left to try to get one so my 1200mk2 is what I get to enjoy. When I am gone, hopefully someone else will appreciate it as much as I do
Couple year ago, I've seen one ... used ... at an audio shop in Cleveland Ohio. It looked like the picture above. Good looking table.
They are really nice--I am a big fan of the wood look. If I'm not mistaken, SOTA sets up a booth at AXPONA, and sells direct. I think some of them might even be refurbished and/or used...? At any rate, they are out there. I will have to look closer at the 2018 show, as they were set up in the Marketplace.

They are really nice--I am a big fan of the wood look. If I'm not mistaken, SOTA sets up a booth at AXPONA, and sells direct. I think some of them might even be refurbished and/or used...? At any rate, they are out there. I will have to look closer at the 2018 show, as they were set up in the Marketplace.

SOTA sells New and refurbished units online and also offers upgrades, service and trade in allowances on any SOTA you have.

SOTA sells New and refurbished units online and also offers upgrades, service and trade in allowances on any SOTA you have.
OK, cool, that makes sense then. They had quite a setup at AXPONA, so they are quite serious about getting their product out there.

Back
Top Bottom